Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 10 January 2014

flowery

centrino fiore by ninettacaruso

centrino fiore, a photo by ninettacaruso on Flickr.
I finished the doily "under construction", and that's the result. I thought it'd needed another round, but now I like it as it is. I've ironed it, not blocked, so there're some long picots still twisted, not so bad anyway. Thread is DMC 80, in red and grey, and pattern is mainly SRs of 3-3/3-3. Flowers are SRs in the center, and simple rings create the flowery illusion. Here is another photo taken before attaching them to the center daisy:
Ho finito il centrino "in costruzione" e questo è il risultato. Pensavo che servisse un'altro giro, ma adesso mi piace così com'è. L'ho stirato, non bloccato con gli spilli, quindi qualche picot non è ben steso, non male, dopotutto. Il filo è il solito DMC n.80, in rosso e grigio, lo schema è principalmente fatto con tutti split ring con pippiolini separati da 3 nodi ciascuno. I fiorellini sono split ring al centro e semplici anelli creano l'illusione floreale. La seconda foto l'ho scattata prima di attaccare tutti i fiorellini alla margherita centrale.

Ciao,
Ninetta

14 comments:

  1. Beeeeuuuutifffuuuuul! Love it! Also love Joe Cocker! : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work and color choice !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely a fabulous doily!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous doily! The red is a nice pop of color. The long picots look a bit like Teneriffe lace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, fabulous! Perfect as it is, you certainly don't need another round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! So many interesting elements to attract the eye, and so nicely shaped as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very clever design! The split rings serve their purpose well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for all your nice comments!
    Hugs,
    Ninetta

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and eye catching doily! My husband also just walked past the computer and added the same compliments! Such a unique design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this one, the contrast of color and the geometry. I'd love to buy the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you Grace, so far my patterns are free, you find them on flickr. I should draw this too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is amazing! Those long picots look challenging to do well...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta