Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 22 July 2016

pain and no gain

Not my usual post, sorry there isn't new tatting to show. I've had a stiff neck for days, I'm definitely too young to call it cervical arthritis, and I'm confident that calling it simply "stiff neck", tomorrow or the day after, I feel good. That said, I can't do chores and I can't stay up late tatting and even if now I've got abundant dmc Special Dentelles size 80 white and green, I'm still at half of round 15 of WIOSNA2016 (designed by Renulek).

Now to the second pain... I fulfil many italian stereotypes, but not the "cooking mama" - but I have to cook. This morning I opted to put in the oven courgettes and aubergines, I simply slice them up and put in a baking tray, when they're cooked I flavour with salt, oil, sometimes capers, sometimes fresh basil. I bet you already guessed: I cut myself - in a point of my right thumb that is perfectly centered by the thread during each back and forth movement done by the shuttle (slip and slide way -- thank you for the pdf Mrs Jane!). Of course, a bloody cut is incompatible with B5200 bright white.


Plan B for the afternoon: test tatting a doodle from my notebook, 

... with a dark green thread, stain-resistant. I started and the pattern's working, but that cut insisted that I had to change hobby. So I took out the sewing machine and produced a little shoulder bag, to replace my old one.

Just few last words, not all my afternoons are so fun, the stiff neck won't last long.

When I post again, it will be August, already.

(Uf) Widerluege/Ciao/Tschüss
(http://www.eldrid.ch/swgerman.htm)
Ninetta

16 comments:

  1. Oh dear me, I am sorry to hear that. I hope your neck and thumb will both soon be fit. Good thing you are a person of many talents and could find another task to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane, with the help of anti-inflammatory medication I can be back to Wiosna soon :-)

      Delete
  2. I hope your thumb heals very quickly!!! :)
    Your tatting and bag look fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about your neck, I hope it soon gets better.
    I cut finger I hood that heals quickly,
    You are not having much luck at the moment.
    Take care and have a rest from tatting and come back fresh when you feel better,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Margaret, yes sometimes we need a rest :-)

      Delete
  4. Oops ! On a lighter note ... I'm glad you didn't feel like this =D> ! Glad you just did this d( and moved on to other flowers in the :-f Aren't you glad you have multiple :-h s ?
    Cheers, dear friend d-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I like a lot your creative use of smiles, dear Smiling Lady g-)

      Delete
  5. Oh no, I recently cut my left thumb just like that, I'm sorry for you! Your shoulder bag turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How terrible! I hope your neck and your thumb are both feeling much better very soon. Your bag and the tatting both look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon and back to your tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all loose out when you have a stiff neck :( I take a long sock and put rice in it and heat it up in microwave or you could use an oven, then place it on you neck and pin it together sometimes I wear it around the house all day. You works are lovely and fun to see, I too hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's funny but I'd try if the sock works! Anyway I feel way better, medications did their job. Thank you dear Carollyn.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta