Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 23 October 2018

over-under treble tatting

I found the shuttles with loaded zoliduo beads, started in May, and so I tatted a sufficient length for a bracelet. Then, I finished it with a round only chains. But this time I've used double and treble stitches, with 3 shuttles. It looks like I've added beads, isn't it?
Is that pearl tatting?
Before you answer yes or no, please read this post by Muskaan:
https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2016/05/part-2-present-and-past.html
and her pdf linked in that post, too.

I also prepared a video to show the method used. The effect here obtained by the hidden picots of the treble stitches, it is like the over-under picots showed by Muskaan in her pdf file.

In the video I'm tatting a chain. I'm using 3 shuttles, but only one is the working shuttle (blue thread).

White and yellow threads are used to tat one stitch at a time.
Passing from one stitch white to one yellow,
- put the white thread to the left, in front of the work,
- then pass the yellow from back to the front, through the space between core thread and the white,
- tat the next stitch with the yellow,
- then put the yellow to the left, in front of the work
... and continue the same alternating white and yellow.

In the video (about in the end) you'll see also how I untat a treble stitch. Tatting trebles, the thread twists a lot, so the shuttle must be dropped often.

Link to the video: https://youtu.be/8WQeQofB7bI
Thanks for watching.

For someone interested, the little red and pink edging at the bottom of the video, it is all split rings, alternating threads as the core thread, once over and next under.


Ciao,
Ninetta


13 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your bracelet is amazing! You are a magician. :-o

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splendido, estupendo, awesome, magnifique. This time I've decided to use more languages ;) I'll stop at 4, I could say that four is a good number but the truth is I don't know more than those four!
    Seriously, I think your bracelet is amazing. Well beyond my current skills, but it is a good incentive to go on practicing :) Plus it reminded me I have a small stash of zoliduo beads still awaiting to make your first bracelet (first attempt was a fiasco). Also, I understand you are in treble-mode these days, but I was wondering if you were planning to make the pattern for the zoliduo necklace one day? I'd be happy to purchase it of course :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :X Thank you, you are so nice, grazie!
      I do not sell patterns, dear Sylvie. Thank you for asking about the necklace, I'll try to have it written here soon. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. Oh! That would be wonderful! Thanks for your reply 😍

      Delete
  4. Brilliant as always !!!!
    If there are many trebles to unravel, I find it better to unwind the shuttle and pull off the core thread from the stitches. Some part of the treble may remain 'knotted' but simply pull the threads apart and voila! As easy as crochet c-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Argh, crochet! 😅
      Ok, agree, thank you for that tip, I didn't thought about that. Anyway, unwind and rewind an almost full loaded shuttle may not be always a good idea, especially with metallic thread. I'd ask to cats, lol!😻

      Delete
  5. Your bracelet is amazing, I’m looking forward to watching your video when I have time and trying this treble tatting

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely design! These drop beads I like, I think you used them before this also? With new treble this pattern looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Alka!
      Yes, I've used them before. You can find other related posts, selecting posts with the label zoliduo.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta