Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 16 October 2018

treble tatting is tatting

I recorded me tatting trebles. One time more, I must say that treble tatting is not crochet. It is true tatting.
treble tatting tds


In the video you will watch me tatting with 3 shuttles and - I promise - I'll use the crochet only to take out loops from picots! 😇
I hope you'll find the video useful, even if it is without sound or text. You may turn on background your favourite music or whistle something while watching...

Link to the video:
 https://youtu.be/It4NvbMKa8U

I recommend first watching other videos on how to tat the treble tatting.

Pattern (only text) is here:
https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2018/10/treble-tatting-wrapped-around-your.html
I suggest to keep the pattern's text in front of you while watching the video.

Sorry, while recording the video, I forgot a couple of ds at the end of the Maltese Ring. Though it isn't a big mistake/difference, I think it's better a slightly bigger ring, like I did in the written pattern.

Thread in the video is cotton: yellow and white are DMC Cebelia, size num. 8; blue is HWT - 3 strands of size 80, Lizbeth, colour 122.

The bracelet is a sequence of modules. They are tatted with 3 shuttles, let's call them X, Y and Z.
In the video:
X is the shuttle with the white thread,
Y is the shuttle with the blue thread, and
W is the shuttle with the orange thread.

(For the bracelet showed in previous post, the shuttles X and W are same colour thread and wound CTM.)

In the video, you're going to watch me tatting only the first module.

In my bracelet there are 10 modules. A sequence of these modules can also be used as a bookmark. You choose how many modules you like tatting.

Please note that it took me 💥💥 40 minutes  😱 💥💥 to tat the module, but the video plays at double speed. Treble tatting time is triple tatting time indeed!

Thank you for watching.

Added one update in previous post:
I'm not sure about terminology, that is I'm not sure about what I called here "daisy double stitch" (dds) in my sample number 4.  In fact, in the daisy picot technique, you make unflipped stitches with the second shuttle over the picot. But here I do the flip. Any help, please?

Next post will be about my samples number 3 and number 4 (and a little more). I mean, I hope that! 😀

Ciao,
Ninetta.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the video - I just watched it ! Hope to make the bracelet/bookmark soon.
    Off to check the update ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ninetta. I did watch the video. Boggles the mind a little, but the bracelet is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jane, thank you very much. The reason why I've doubled the speed is just for the impatient youtube watcher... I suggest to slow it down and follow my 40 minutes, it's not as fast as the double stitches are but the result is lovely. I know that it only need exercise, I've tatted the treble for 4 months... :-f

      Delete
  3. I am going to watch the video when I feel better, the bracelet looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope you're feeling better soon :-f

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the video, very helpful! I did slow it down, and I'll need many more times watching but it's great to have videos since I am a visual learner.
    Your bracelet is bellissimo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And thanks for the Italian, so now I can answer "Grazie mille"! :-f

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta