Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 26 February 2019

half closed tatted rings with treble tatting

These are half closed rings, pattern is fast said, they are rings with 7 treble tatting stitches.
It's a lovely narrow edging, it would be perfect for a hanky!


When it happened to me to tat a line of half closed rings, I soon discovered that adding a second half stitch at the end helps in blocking the ring in position, in this way the bare thread doesn't slide and the half ring doesn't close.
In the case of treble tatting stitches, making a second half of a double stitch helps the core thread to be moved to the right position, to start the next half ring. Also, the half ring doesn't close if you, accidentally, pull the thread.


❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Thanks to Georgia Seitz and Muskaan, who gave me a chance to brush up on my pattern for a cabochon (treble tatting in hearts ). In fact, it was shared in the Online Tatting Class on Febrary 18th.

I bought 4 rivoli and started trying the pattern with 2 of  them, but I forgot to protect the back, following a great hint by Yarnplayer (Marilee Rockley), that you may find here:
https://yarnplayertats.blogspot.com/2018/07/a-rivoli-is.html
I'll do it, with the other two.

The pattern worked well, even with these rivoli, that have a diameter of 18 millimetres.
I haven't decided yet, if I'll add the second round.

 ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
I updated the header bar here, to add the "TREBLE TATTING STITCH - SUMMARY" page.
I hope it will be useful, it is only one page which can be attached with any teaching pattern.
The pdf version is available, too:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LVFAASQpj8H54fhavEEWgokMQ8gAuiHM/view?usp=sharing

Ciao,
Ninetta

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Ninetta for your wonderful ideas and informative blog. You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful necklaces!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always use a shs (or fhs in backside rings) but didn’t realise it performed this function as well!
    Sparkling pendants 😄
    Superb summary doc !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💐👋 thank you, dear Muskaan!
      I usually don't add a half stitch in rings, only in half closed rings.

      Delete
  4. You made this very tempting to try and improving on it really makes it better🌹

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that as an edging, I’ll have to try it out. Love the rivoli, I think they’re perfect without a second round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane! I think you're right! 🌹🌹🌹👍

      Delete
  6. Very handy! Sometimes I use a half stitch at the end. Thanks for the idea.
    Rivoli is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lenka! 🌹🌹🌹👋

      Delete
  7. Thank you for sharing! This is an edging I want to try. I love the way your rivolis look. I wouldn't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Diane, your opinion about any ice drop is valuable! 👍🤗💕💕💕💕

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing the edging,
    I followed the link to your video, now I can see what you are saying and understand how to do the treble tatting, I will be giving it a go thanks for doing the video it all makes sense now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats lovely with the tds half rings. I put beads on the bare thread space of the halff ring. My issue is getting the rings half closed to the same amount. The beads make the space consistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victats! That's a good point, beads are lovely. Anyway, you can try with a gauge... 🌹🌹🌹

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta