Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 24 May 2019

a bunch of gifts

It's a long way by train, from where I live to the place the Italian Tatting meeting was held. Time was just what I needed to finally finish this gift for a dear friend:
 The beautiful scene is not completely my own work, I've been helped by Dali L'artista, the same lady that decorates the lovely shuttles that lately are in my pictures.

At the meeting, we also had gifts' exchange, which was not planned and was a nice surprise! Tatters are all very generous people!

Here it is a bunch made with Italian sugared almonds, a gift made by Paola Bevilacqua, she posted other pics in Facebook:
 (Can you spot the little tatted butterfly? 🥰)

Then, Stefania Di Cesare gave me a couple of her handmade paper roses, they are so realistic-looking that I dully kept on touching them to assure myself that it was paper!
She has handmade all bunches of roses gave to the tatting context winners.

All participants were given samples of Edda Guastalla's thread, but I couldn't resist and bought many other spools for little presents for my bobbin lace's friends, and of course also a bunch of self-gifts for filling my own stash:
The first two spools are already on the shuttles, I started a bracelet, anyway what else I could tat? 😂

But I've heard you wondering "Where are the doilies that you'd started before the meeting?" Well, that's my question, too. Did they get lost long the way to Rimini, or on the way back? Are they playing hide and seek here at home? Hmmm...

Ciao,
Ninetta

9 comments:

  1. I hope they turn up! Lovely gifts, momentous of a special trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree tatters are most generous. Love that little butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gifts!!! :)
    Great supplies, and wonderful start on your bracelet!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all gifts and end of the write up interesting 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your funny I am sure those doilies will show up and love the gifts and picture they are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sure looks like a lovely, lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. y-) w-) Beauty all around !
    Don't let those doilies play hide and seek for too long ;-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta