Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 12 November 2019

tatting sphere

I've tatted some spheres, following the video lesson 183 by Karen Cabrera (in YouTube), then I wondered what they would have looked with beads.

Pattern for the sphere starts with a ring, then it is tatted counterclockwise all around with only chains, connected to previous round with lock joins. It is a different pattern but uses the same technique used for tatting the beaded tatted rope designed by Elisabetta (and showed in previous post).

White thread is DMC Diamant, equivalent to a size 50 cotton thread. I put inside a little wooden bead, very lightweight, diameter 1cm.
I loaded all miyuky and rocailles, size 15/0, in the ball thread.

Beads are put "face-up" on picots, I've shared the how-to here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2019/10/roberta-was-her-name.html

Like all beading works, it needs a pattern for how to thread beads in the correct order (the ball thread is named SH2 in my hand drawing):
If you're working with 2 shuttles, you'd read it in this way: the right side tells you how to thread your beads in SH2. Then unwind a small amount of thread from the SH2 and load with it another shuttle, named SH1. Start tatting a ring with SH2 (5 picots separated by 1ds), then switch shuttles and from now on use the SH1 as the core shuttle. I worked CTM, only 50cm of thread is needed in SH1 and about 1 meter and half on SH2.
Then, read the diagram horizontally. One bead each chain in first round, 2 beads each chain in second round, etc.

First chain has a mock picot, then 1ds, a bead face-up on picot, then lock join to the last picot of the ring.

Each chain, after a lock join, starts with one ds, then the bead slides in place and it is put face-up on the picot. If a subsequent bead is needed, it slides in place directly without any ds in between.

For example, chains in third round have 3 beads in the diagram:
Lock join to previous round, 1ds, first bead face-up on picot, second bead face-up on picot, third bead face-up on picot, then lock join to next picot in previous round.

I drew 6 patterns, I printed a free seed bead graph paper from artbeads.com:
I finished off all spheres hiding the ends inside. I've not decided how to use them yet, if in a dollhouse room or as jewelry.

They would be lovely, hanging from a thread and I can see 3 or 5 of them as a cluster for funny earrings, too.

🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕🎕
Now a very sad news...
It's with my deep sorrow that I tell you that the tattingsphere has lost one talented tatter.
In memory of Laura (Lalla) Caliò - 1965-2019

Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your mini Christmas ornaments are beautiful and so sorry to here our loss of one of our tatting friends I can see she was vary talented with those little branches so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My great condolences to you on the loss of your tatting friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of such a wonderful tatter. Thank you for letting us know.
    I can't wait to try out your idea! That's just the type of pattern/project I love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen some of Lalla's amazing 3D tatting! And the sweet gesture of the Chiacchierino group will stay on forever. 🌹🌹🌹
    Your baubles/buttons/beads are amazing - I need to hunt around for some new superlatives !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear of the loss of Lalla.
    Really enjoying your play with the beads and tatting

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta