Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 6 August 2019

sizing snowflakes

That's not about melting real snowflakes, till they reach the right size, even if that can sound like a solution!

I need more snowflakes, a little bird told me "25", wonder why! But the real problem is finding the right size to fit in a dollhouse!
Even that one looks a wee bit out of proportion!

Maybe, could it work like a suncatcher instead?
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
The maximum size, I think, should be 1cm.
But those tiny tiny snowflakes are so lovely that I cannot stop myself tatting after the first round, then I have to go and finish them, eventually they can find another "home"!

Thread is twisted silk, produced by "Tecnoseta srl".

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

In the next picture, motifs are near an euro cent, all tatted following Sharon Briggs' patterns, you can find her links collected in this post in her blog:
http://sharonstattedlace.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-results-are-in.html


Then, there's the Paisley snowflake by Muskaan (I've talked about it in a previous post); the little one on the left is the same centre and then I added a simple round with rings equal to her second round and chains are 6-6-6, that is really good sized for a xmas tree for the dollhouse. I can use that pattern in more colours.

But first, going to try more snowflakes' patterns, there are many very generous tatters that have shared their own patterns, both in books and for free, it's a snowstorm out there!

In next post, I will share a list of links for free snowflakes' patterns and - maybe, maybe... - a new pattern from my side that you all can size out...
🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Ciao,
Ninetta

11 comments:

  1. Snowflakes for a dolls house, that’s quite a challenge! So dainty in silk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great snowflakes!! :)
    Hope you achieve your desired size! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jane and Sue :-f :X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working in miniature must be so satisfying! When I was in junior high, about 55 years ago, my mom knitted a tiny swatch for the cover of a report I was handing in for school. She used toothpicks as knitting needles. I don't remember the grade for my report or what it was about, but I do remember feeling very proud of the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🙂 thank you for the sweet memories 💕

      Delete
    2. I love the idea of using toothpicks as needle. Wow!!

      Delete
  5. What fun love to see tatting for miniatures, they are a love of mine 💐

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful snowflake 👌👌

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta