Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Guess what?

Partially solved the tingling problem, I cannot resist to start a new project. Do you remember? I know that there are at least 3 projects "in fieri", which need my attention to be completed (the squares, the doily under construction and a necklace for a friend); but then I've started a beading project (that should be a xmas present) and GUESS WHAT?

I've started another tatting project, we may call it a breeze... But I'm not going to tell you what it is, I only say that it could rather be another square, but it isn't, and I'm going to make a second shape joined to it.

This new project was the opportunity to refresh two techniques well explained - as usual - by Jane Eborall: one is "Starting Rings, Chains, Split Rings and Self Closing Mock Rings Without Tying Knots", and the other is "Joining last Ring to First Ring". Please, you should visit Jane's tatting blog, I like her a lot!

More on this motif is that I'm using a lot the magic thread trick to hide ends, it seems that I finally understood quite well this method and I use it almost regularly.
I've always been a multitasking kind of tatter, expecially when, almost at the end of a motif, I discover a flaw in the middle and I can't be still focused on the project... For example, the yellow doily in the picture above started to cup, then I decided for the pointed elements, but during the third point, a light turned on and that was how this tree arised:
tree.4 by ninettacaruso
tree.4, a photo by ninettacaruso on Flickr.
Indovinate un po': parzialmente risolto il problema dell'intorpidimento alle mani, ho iniziato un altro progetto. Vi ricordate? C'erano in ballo le piastrelle, un centrino e una collana per un'amica, adesso ho iniziato anche un lavoretto con le perline (che dovrebbe essere un regalo di Natale, ma chissà?) e un'altra cosa a chiacchierino, che chiameremo "il giochetto"... Non ho intenzione di dirvi niente per ora, solo che potrebbe essere un'altra piastrella, ma anche no, e che sto per unirla a un altro motivo... Comunque è stata una buona opportunità per ripassare 2 tecniche che trovate tra le pagine di Jane Eborall: come cominciare con due fili senza fare nodi e come chiudere un fiorellino evitando di arrotolare l'ultimo picot di unione. Andate a vedere il suo blog, a me piace tantissimo! Un'altra cosa a proposito di questo nuovo progetto è che sto usando abbastanza il metodo del "filo magico" - o come si chiama - per nascondere i capi finali , invece che con l'ago. A quanto pare finalmente l'ho digerito bene e lo uso quasi sempre. 
Non è la prima volta che inizio tanti lavori contemporaneamente, specialmente se mi accorgo di un errore non rimediabile nel bel mezzo di un centrino. Procedo, ma non sono più concentrata sul lavoro che faccio. Per esempio, mentre facevo quel centrino giallo, il lavoro ha cominciato ad accoppare, per rimediare ho pensato di fare le punte. Mentre facevo la terza punta, mi si è accesa una lucetta ed è nato quel piccolo alberello che trovate su flickr.

Ciao,
Ninetta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta