Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 3 December 2013

surprising softness

That is the same wreath tatted by Fox (this post), I was surprised and captured by the clever use of a lock stitch around the JK, that mantains the chain shape rounded. Wow, there's always something to learn, thank you Fox, I'm really happy! And thanks to LaRae Mikulecky who has shared the pattern. I've found the pattern here.

Thread: A friend has given me a sewing thread to be tested with tatting.

I tryed first that thread alone, but it is too much elastic and too much thin.

Then I wounded toghether 2 threads, one is my usual DMC n. 80, that's 100% cotton, the other is that sewing thread, Gutermann, that's 70% polyammid and 30% polyester. The polyammid gives a lot of softness to the work, so the result has been surprising because I was wrongly convinced that it would had come stiff. But polyammid is like nylon, very soft. Then, the test showed that probably I can't use this thread combination for jewels (for ex earrings, that need to be stiff) but it's perfect to make some Christmas' ornaments.

Questa ghirlandina è la stessa fatta da Fox qualche giorno fa (questo post), sono stata sorpresa e catturata dal quel modo di lavorare i pippiolini Giuseppina, infatti notate che l'arco non perde la sua naturale curvatura! Wow, ci sta sempre qualcosa da imparare, grazie Fox, è bellissimo! E grazie a LaRae Mikulecky che ha condiviso lo schema, l'ho trovato a questo link.

Filato: Un'amica mi ha dato da provare col chiacchierino un filo metallizzato per cucire.

Prima l'ho provato da solo, ma è troppo elastico e troppo fino.

Poi l'ho avvolto insieme al mio solito DMC n.80, 100% cotone. Questo filo da cucire è composto al 70% da poliammide, che, con mia sorpresa, dà molta morbidezza al risultato finale, perchè ero convinta, sbagliando, che avrei ottenuto un risultato rigido. Ma il poliammide dopotutto è come il nylon, molto morbido. Così il test ha dimostrato che probabilmente non posso usare questo filo per fare gioellini (per es. gli orecchini devono rimanere un po' rigidi) ma è perfetto per ninnoli natalizi!!

Ciao,
Ninetta
Update 4March2021
Josephine ring down, with the core thread, from pattern "Christmas Berry Wreath", by LaRae Mikulecky, 1997.


4 comments:

  1. Good to experiment with different threads because they don't always work as we think they're going to. The wreath is very pretty with the bright red berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bellissimi!!! Adoro le realizzazioni natalizie :))
    A presto
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yours are perfect! I still cannot get my chains to look like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta