Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 11 February 2014

untatting my heart

That heart exists only thanks to homework I had from the weekly Tatting Designer Class. I should say a big thank you to Sue Fuller and other tatting friends of the Tatting Designer Class, they are always a great source of inspiration. We had to do "something red", so why don't use my last pattern and make a heart?

Now that is there, I don't think that it's a good motif... Moreover about, I had to untat a lot... What do you think of me, lost in the pattern and untatting my own design?

I reached the 2nd upper side and I noted a ring wrongly joined, so I had to untat 2 rings and 2 chains. Normal tatter's life... How long it takes to you to undo your tatting? Anyway, tatting is relax and fun, so go ahead!

Then, after passing the rounded upper side, I would have to retro-tat a ring because I forgot 2ds in previous chain. Sigh! But I thought I could have left the ring closed, then swept aside the chain and added 2ds as in the split chain... It worked! And in less time!

Back to the squared doily, it's definitely became a VLP. As more as I add mats, it's clearer and annoying the colour difference between old and new thread, but I still like the pattern and persevere in doing it.

I'm not working on it everyday, lately I knitted and sewed (but I'm not good at them, what a shame), so my tatting went slower. I can only show you a red kaleidoscopic drawing (made with an app for Android) that could be used as a tatting sketch, and another heart that I've tatted a couple of years ago.

Questo nuovo cuoricino esiste solo grazie ai compitini della classe settimanale online, sono grata a Sue Fuller e gli altri partecipanti, le serate con loro sono una bella fonte d'ispirazione. Così, dovendo fare "qualcosa di rosso", ho pensato di usare il mio ultimo schema e ho provato, anche se non mi piace il risultato... Inoltre, mi sono anche sbagliata, seguendo il mio stesso schema (!!!) e ho dovuto sciogliere un po' di archi e cerchi. Normale, direte voi...Ma sbagliarsi con un proprio schema, sarà normale?
Quando mi sono accorta di aver dimenticato un paio di nodi nell'arco precedente, ho pensato di non disfare il cerchio già fatto, ma di far scivolare un poco i nodi dell'arco sbagliato e creare così un piccolo spazio. Poi in quello spazio ho fatto i 2 nodi mancanti col metodo della catena "split chain", col filo del gomitolo. Ha funzionato! Un po' più veloce e facile, invece di aprire un anello!
Tornando al centrino quadrato, mi sa che ci vorrà più del previsto! Sigh! Man mano che aggiungo mattonelle, si nota di più - e mi irrita - il cambio di colore tra il vecchio e il nuovo filo, ma lo schema mi piace e continuo .... Ultimamente poi, l'ho trascurato per sferruzzare e cucire (ma non valgo molto come magliaia o sarta). Oggi posso solo aggiungerre uno scarabocchio fatto con una App per Android (Kaleidoscope) e un altro cuoricino fatto un paio d'anni fa.
Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous heart!!!! :)
    Beautiful mat!!! :)
    Great design picture! And really nice 2nd heart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your idea of hearts within hearts. Makes me think of the phrase, 'In my heart of hearts...' Yes, I can see the colour difference now in the squares doily, though probably only because you mentioned it. Yes, untatting is always a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mat looks like a lot of work! Love the distinct shape of your hearts. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Un-tatting. Ugh. It is the bane of all of us! I am firmly convinced that I have un-tatted more than I have tatted. So, I understand. Your work is beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta