Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Thursday 17 July 2014

uncertainty

There's another useful link for this doily: it's a file prepared by Patty Dowden that could be found at this page http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art748.asp
It's very well diagrammed, I find it very easy to follow. Thanks! Wonderful!

But! The chains have a different stitch count!

Plus: I found a beautiful site by an australian tatter, another master tatter I think, who tatted the doily a dozen years ago: tattingingprogress.blogspot.it
(Sorry for the .it but I'm not sure that it's ok everywhere! Ah! Uncertainty...) Then go to her page "doilies". She writes that used 5-5 for chains...

Then I'm no more so confident on picots' size, neither. Look at the red circled part: I would have done shorter picots to give more stability. I'm not yet convinced that picots could work all of the same size. I'm not sure , but...


There's also a little ruffle in this fourth round! 
Oops, no no, it is the third!

Ciao, 
Ninetta

1 comment:

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta