Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Monday 10 August 2015

Another false start?

I've had for a long time this booklet, there're lovely vintage patterns there, a lot of them I haven't tried yet.

 

That one has been started with a dmc size 70 thread, it's called "blossoms" and it would be perfect for an hanky... When - or if - I finish it. It's a time consuming pattern, even if it doesn't look so. It is a good project to be carried in the handbag for a holiday. Provided that hands could be washed often, with that white thread!


Similar design but with a slightly different stitches' count, it is at page 8 of Priscilla Tatting Book #1, fig.24 "trimming".

Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. Nice ! And the best part -- thread crafts can be washed, you know ;-P

    I made a very similar version for my blouse sleeves back in the 80s, in size 40 maroon . Love the pattern & it looked very pretty . Probably still have a short scrap piece left somewhere.
    And the Priscilla version -- I've made it twice for bookmarks, yet am not fully satisfied still with my working.

    The topmost squarish edging looks very interesting ! Old-style block tatting, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that would be a pretty border! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the trouble with working with white. Pretty result though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, beautiful work and pattern you have made, and I am about to start a white project too and I have a little black dog that sits with me too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta