Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Thursday 21 April 2016

lilliputian rose


Thank you very much for your comments in last post  and at least 2 of you guessed right about the rose!

Thread is dmc size 80, white and green (col.num. 368). The finished rose measures half an inch in diameter.
Pattern is by Jeanne Lugert and can be found here:
http://www.georgiaseitz.com/2002/jlrose/jlrose.html

The white thread was hidden in the last SR with Miranda's method of finishing with an SSSR (link is on the sidebar on the left under "Resources"), but blocked with the green tail.

I left a long green tail and passed it to the back side, inside the center of the rose. I started the motif below using that tail and another shuttle with green thread, that is the first round of the green motif that peeps out under the rose. It wasn't easy because of the 3D rose and the narrow space.
But the rose ended up off-center (Note that Mr. Meticulous was here again!).

So I had another go, but this time I started from the motif at the base:
I followed the pattern from the last SR to the first, and everything was going well but then I mixed up the two long green tails while inserting them inside the rose, from the front side to the back. I wish I had the tools of a watchmaker :) Anyway, now it is positioned almost at the center of the base motif, but that resulted misshapen.

That is a collage with both roses close together, in the right - with the bigger back motif - there is that one tatted with the original instructions. I think that it is better than the rose on the left:

I'm not sure though, so I'm on another lilliputian rose. Now I want to start as the original, not finishing the rose but tatting the motif and at the end winding the line of sr. I'll show you pictures in next post, maybe tomorrow.

I love this pattern!
UPDATE: see also: 

8 comments:

  1. Great roses!!! :)
    Knowing you, it will be centered on the next one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful and I like the white. I did a couple of roses and rolled them up after tatting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Like off-center ! There is a natural beauty to it :-f

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rose pattern is so smart and easy. I must try it. Thank you for such clear instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, You've done an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it
    and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Le tue rose sono interessanti ma vorrei ricevere lo schema dell'ultima. Grazie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usa il traduttore automatico, le informazioni che cerchi sono già a tua disposizione.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta