Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 11 April 2017

rosetta

Pattern is from an old Italian pubblication, "Nuovo manuale elementare dei lavori delle dame secondo le più recenti variazioni della moda", 1868. It is free in Google books.


It's highly precise, unusual indeed for that period. They gave also the right measure for bare threads and picots!
The same rosette is in the "Beeton's Book of Needlework"(1870), fig.12 -"circle in tatting", and there are others patterns in common. It is interesting that the shuttle showed in the Italian version is a flat shuttle.


Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. This is spectacular - and your colours brighten it up even further !!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great!! And I love the brightly colored one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to have an old pattern that gives a good amount of guidance! I like your colours too. The word 'Rosetta' always sets off an ear worm for me. Now I'm going to be hearing 'Rosetta are you better, are you well, well, well?" Which is a really ridiculous song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An old pattern given new life, they look fabulous especially the coloured one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you very much for your nice comments :-f
    Rosa or Rosetta is also an Italian name for a girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta