Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 17 July 2018

crescendo - part V - and other WIPs

This is only another rough idea, I thought about increasing the height of the tds but I had little success. In the next picture, there are 3 groups with 3 tds, but in the second tds the picot is a wee bit bigger and then rolls 5 times, the third again is a little bigger than the previous and rolls 7 times.
The first part of the tds is always the same, that is:
  • Start with a very small picot and one double stitch. 
  • Laying the picot across the ball thread and pull up a loop of thread through the picot. 
  • Then, take another loop of the ball thread and pull it through the previous loop.
  • Now slip the shuttle through the loop thus formed. Don't tighten it, yet. 
  • Take a loop of the core thread in the ring finger, then pass the shuttle from back to front, through the loop, 3 times.
  • Tighten the ball thread and don't let the core thread slip out of place. 
  • Then, pull the core thread.
Second tds:
  • Start with a normal picot and one double stitch. 
  • Laying the picot across the ball thread and pull up a loop of thread through the picot. 
  • Then, take another loop of the ball thread and pull it through the previous loop.
  • Now slip the shuttle through the loop thus formed. Don't tighten it, yet. 
  • Take a loop of the core thread in the ring finger, then pass the shuttle from back to front, through the loop,  5 times
  • Tighten the ball thread and don't let the core thread slip out of place. 
  • Then, pull the core thread.
Third tds:
  • Start with a picot a little higher than previous tds and one double stitch. 
  • Laying the picot across the ball thread and pull up a loop of thread through the picot. 
  • Then, take another loop of the ball thread and pull it through the previous loop.
  • Now slip the shuttle through the loop thus formed. Don't tighten it, yet. 
  • Take a loop of the core thread in the ring finger, then pass the shuttle from back to front, through the loop,  7 times
  • Tighten the ball thread and don't let the core thread slip out of place. 
  • Then, pull the core thread.
I can't go further.

I designed another little motif, this time it is a triangular one. I confess I already shared this with Muskaan (muskaan's T*I*P*S), last week I sent her a close up picture and she's a very talented tatter, she could count my stitches and replicated it in a nanosecond! So, for I haven't written down the pattern yet, you bet she has my full permission to post her stitches' count in her blog! Thank you, Muskaan!

treble tatting tds
UPDATE: link to the pattern for this triangle: http://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2018/07/treble-with-m.html

I also have other WIPs started, I hope I will stay committed and finish something, sooner or later!
One is "Star Pattern in Tatting for a Chair or Sofa Tidy" by Mrs. Eliza Warren, a pattern from 1868, but I've changed it to have all motifs connected by split rings, instead of many little squared motifs. That is what I did till now:

The second old old pattern that I'm tatting is the modernised version by Ruth Perry of the "narrow edging" in Riego Royal Tatting book, 1864, that one where a real chain appeared for the first time, with clear instructions. The link to the renewed pattern is here:
http://tat-calendar.blogspot.com/search?q=riego+edging+15 , I found it easily, thanks to the hard work of sweet tatters who shares their time and knowledge in Craftree
That will be an edging for the fan, I haven't decided yet for attaching it to the fabric or if I tat more rounds that would substitute the fabric.

Ciao,
Ninetta



✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
UPDATE:
Please refer to the page  "Treble Tatting Stitch - Summary" for any info about treble tatting stitches, thank you.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

5 comments:

  1. Very beautiful tatted projects!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the triangle pattern, really different, not quite sure about these new TDS, I think it will take time to sink in my brain,
    Look forward to seeing more about your new technique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I did the 4-wrap tds differently. Intersting - will h ave to try your method and compare.

    'nanosecond' - reminded me of Mork & Mindy ("Nanu, Nanu") ;-P

    The other 2 projects are very pretty! As usual :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, forgot to add link to the pattern for this triangle : http://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2018/07/treble-with-m.html

      Delete
    2. Thank you! :X I will update this post soon with your link! :-f

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta