Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 31 July 2015

bearings

Thread used in that picture is a Lizbeth size 20 and a light yellow 100% rayon that I've had for a long time. They used to sell this kind of thread to be doubled with wool, for knitting.

Leaving a little gap before the mock bead, it helped me to put it better in place. Split rings are unbalanced because the second part is thicker, looked to me longer by sight so I shortened it.

About the little square of previous post, thank you very much for your nice comments and for playing the "pattern hunt"!


Pattern is from Priscilla tatting book #2, a so beautiful resource of little motifs, the square was hidden in a large design of a pillow at page 18, picture 47. The same pattern has been used for a lovely frame for the cover page. Charming!


Ciao,
Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. I have too many projects on the go at the moment, but eventually I plan to try your tatted 'beads' technique, I think it's very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bead idea is wonderful and also will try. I love that book and many time wonder how they came up with the patterns with out looking at others at all, those were the days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Knew I was missing something . I remember going back to this book cover, yet could not identify it :-( My excuse - your tatting looks so much better (part of it of course is the new technology) :-)

    I believe your faux beads can be made even without adding an auxiliary thread, right ? By using one of the shuttle threads to make the ring. Colours may become an issue, though - will work it out coz I'm definitely making these .... saves me all the trouble of loading beads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed of the great - and good - number of feedback I had! Thank you Muskaan, yes, you're right, that's a way with only 2 shuttles. But with 3, you can add "beads" in the core thread or in the ball, too...

      Delete
  4. Hi there, I check your blog on a regular basis. Your humoristic
    style is witty, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta