Actually in our diet we have flowers, like courgettes' flowers, artichokes, chamomile, saffron, broccoli, capers... Strawberry, botanically, it isn't a proper fruit but it's called "accessory fruit" and I've learnt that blossoms are edible and leaves are edible as well! OK, that's good to know, but I'd rather wait for the sweet red pulp!
I used the magic trick to hide the tail in each yellow ring, but I left long tails at the end of green and pink rounds. Start green round joining at one yellow picot. It's better starting pink round joining the next yellow picot after that one (chosen start for green).
I hope you like my version of the flower, enjoy!
Additional tips from Muskaan about her tatted leaf (pattern is in previous post) can be found here: http://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2016/05/tat-alongs-and-common-threads.html
Another tip from my side is that instead of using a clip, to change direction, I also tried something I've learnt when I tatted the mystery doily, that is
- leave a small picot,
- first half,
- one complete ds,
- reverse work, adjust last ds and continue the chain.
That worked for me.
... And that is for the sake of curiosity, I worked directional tatting, except for the pointed chain in the leaf, where I used my way to tat it, holding the second shuttle in my right hand. Jon's way and my way are just 2 ways to make the same knot. In my drawing I have in the right hand the SH2 shuttle, like in direct tatting. In the left hand I have the core thread. The knot is tied by the working thread over the core thread, exactly the same knot. It is the same movement done with thread around the needle in Puncetto lace. Not my invention. At that time, it was summer 2010, I taught myself the basis of "puncetto valsesiano" lace and discovered that I could speed my work (I'm very slow with the needle) with the help of the shuttle. I was doing a hanky. It looked to me like roll tatting, but it doesn't unravel, then I thought to use it in place of normal chains or mock rings, I didn't think to use it for changing the shape of the chain, that was Jon's clever idea. My experiments were shared at the end of 2010 in flickr:
... and also in April 2011:
My last tatted piece for the bookmark was one leaf, that is because I used one shuttle loaded with green (coming from that leaf) to encapsulate tails coming from two of the other tatted leaves... But I tell you next week.