Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 20 September 2016

more from 1924




I love the look of that swirly centre, but with just one colour it didn't show off so much. The core thread is yellow in that motif, a great trick to emphasise the rotating shape.

But after few rounds I wondered how much I would have resisted... Not so much, actually!
It's fast and easy. I don't change hands' position from the chain. Bend the core thread on the left and put the hook inside to grab a loop, then put the core shuttle inside the loop. Pictures in Priscilla Tatting Book #3 are very clear. ( http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/pub/PDF/PriscillaTat3.pdf )
Following a tip from Priscilla's rose motif, I left a little picot before starting next chain:

My little sample is already finished. Do I like it? So so...

But I'm very happy that I've learned something new from such an old book. That's exciting!

Bislemma
( http://www.nomarmiteintunisia.co.uk/tunisianphrases.htm )
Ninetta
Related post

7 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous for a first try!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really effective in colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!

    I remember having a lot of trouble figuring out that rose motif - but when I did, I loved it. It is one of the few pieces I have tatted over the years that I kept! I have the leaf also that goes with it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was on my to-tat list ! Love the effect you've created. I'll have to copy that ;-P The only thing I'd do differently, if possible, is to complete the yellow chain like an outline. Beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, it almost looks like its spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As soon as I saw this image in my blog feed, I had to come see this new thing you've come up with. Now I find that it isn't new at all. Wow! I think I need to pull that book off the shelf and try some new-to-me techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta