Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 20 June 2017

naughty sewing thread!

Again about cabochons and a new video of mine.

Earrings with buttons (backside tatting is equal to front, Russian method - as far as I know). There are Usha's dot picots in chains, hardly visible in that picture, it's a pity, they are pretty and delicate. She made a video to show how to tat dot picots: Dot Picot in Tatting by Usha Shah
Thread is HWT, one thread is Finca light gold (Hilo Metalizado, 1000mts, Presencia Hilaturas), double strand, 35% polyester and 65% Viscose, the second one is an anonymous metallic sewing thread.

About HWT, please read this post by Jane Eborall:
Tatting and not a lot else!: HWT
I made a video to show how I'm winding the shuttle HWT, one of which is a very hard to manage metallic sewing thread. I've some spools of various brands, all of them unroll very easy and I soon look like a cat tangled in its yarn ball. You won't see me tangled in the video, in fact I'm sharing my way to fill the shuttle without having a headache.



In next picture there are cabochons made with my method that is tatting two rounds of rings and chains around the stone, but is seems that it doesn't work! I made 19 rings and it was very loose, so well I didn't worry and I changed it for another stone, then I made 18 rings and it was still loose, the last is 17 rings and it is loose again! Ah! this naughty HWT has got elastic properties! I bet it will work with 16 rings... no, I'd better don't bet.

In the two on the notebook, rings are 4-4-4, chains are 4-4. I think I must change the stitches' count. The stones are 3cm wide and 4cm high and they are thick.

Ciao,
Ninetta
Related post

6 comments:

  1. Metallic thread is very difficult to work with, so I take my hat off to you for using it to such wonderful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ninetta! Cute earrings in gold with red buttons. The tiny Dot Picots have given beautiful shape to the earrings. Thanks for the video on winding metallic thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful earrings and cabochons!! :)
    Such elegance on those cabochons!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Tatsmithing :) I like using two strands of Sulky or Coats & Clark, metallic sewing thread for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellissimi lavori, complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely tatting. Those cabochons are perfect! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta