Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 15 August 2017

another star

Today in Italy is the day called "Ferragosto" (follow the link in wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferragosto), it is also a Catholic feast day. But I'm a hopeless romantic and my favourite day in August is the night of San Lorenzo, the night of the shooting stars, on the 10th, when you make a wish for each falling star that you get to spot in the sky. With stars in mind, I've been playing with DMC yellow and Lizbeth "vineyard harvest" size 80.


I've tatted the "tuft picot" with the Lizbeth thread, I think it changes shape with size 80 thread, it looks "fluffy. Pattern is original.

In that motif I've also used a join that I don't often use, the OTT (Over The Top join) by Jane Eborall, that you can find explained here: http://janeeborall.freeservers.com/OTTjoin.pdf

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ Buon Ferragosto! ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ciao,
Ninetta
Related post

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And I love your tuft picot! Thanks for including the links. I've been out of the loop for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fabulous design!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the star pattern, especially with the tuft picots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much everyone! :-f

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful !!! This one looks even better than the first one. Hope you got to see a lot of shooting stars and make wishes which will come true c-)
    Will you be sharing this pattern ? s-)
    (( sorry about the emoticons I chose - just being knotty :X ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-O pattern? I wished time to write them all! :-f

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jenn thank you :-f
      I don't sell and haven't any book to sell, anything you payed for, it is not legal. Hugs.

      Delete
    2. Dear Ninetta :).

      I am sorry for the confusion! I wasn't thinking and got you confused with another tatter! It is why I deleted my comment and posted another comment without the mention of the book :).

      The book is legit and I bought it from Barbara Fay :).

      Delete
  7. Beautiful star! Colours made the "tuft picot" stand out more . Love the design. I can see these "tuft picots" in flower or butterfly designs :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, like Jenn I see flowers. Lovely star.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tatting is always fantastic and love to see :) I love the top flower is my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regarding star# 2, I have done A, B and C. I think I know how to join D to the picot on B. I cannot figure out how to do the OTT to B when doing E. Also, how is E connected to C?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks One Boy, I'll try to explain it better in a new post, I think that pictures are better than my poor English, and it is very kind of you to comment.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta