Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 16 April 2019

a pink ribbon for Rimini

My Facebook's friends already know that I involved tatters in a special project, for the event "First Italian Tatting Meeting", to be held in Rimini, 17-19 May.

(On the right, the pattern is by Muskaan, https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/01/a-gesture-of-thanks.html)

In the Facebook group "Chiacchierino: Filo, Amore e Fantasia" , I suggested to tat a little pink awareness ribbon, that would be taken to Rimini and left there as a present/reminder of the event, to the organiser Mrs Stefania Di Cesare ("P&D Original Design").

Why the pink ribbon choice? By chance, Meeting's weekend is the same chosen by Komen Italia for the "Race for the cure", an international event to raise awareness (and money) for the breast cancer disease, the organisation for Italy is www.komen.it

I've had the permission to use, for our public event, the pattern "Ring & Chain Tatted Awareness Ribbon" © Lenore English, 2001, that is free online at this address:
http://www.georgiaseitz.com/newtat/lenoreenglishawareness2.pdf

In case tatters can't attend the meeting in Rimini, they would post their pictures in the Facebook group.

It can be easy tatted also by beginners and very fast. I hope that this project will be accepted and the pattern liked.

I drew a visual pattern, with text in Italian:

Thank you very much in advance to every tatter.
Ciao,
Ninetta

11 comments:

  1. Right at this moment I am tatting my 2nd ribbon , both to be shared in the group !!! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging activity and nice ribbons too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluff City Tatter17 April 2019 at 00:34

    Thank you so much for posting this. Your timing was perfect. A good friend of mine died from breast cancer two weeks ago. It was quite a shock as she was very young (40 years old) and her health declined very quickly. I am making a quilt for her two sons with different squares that represent her life. I hadn't thought about putting any tatting on the quilt. But I will tat a ribbon to put on it using your pattern. Thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and thank you always nice to be aware and have a tatted ribbon for the cause 💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the pattern as soon as my hand gets better hopefully before the event I will tat a ribbon. I have many memories of Rimini, I visited the town back in 1959.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Margaret! Wow, that's a long time ago! What do you think about another visit, next month? :-f

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta