Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday, 31 July 2026

an angel to bring hope and love

 ---------

Italiano: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eXd1V9wCXnMQMN_A1XxxvhUzTptFCKiN/view 

----------
A previously unnamed and unpublished angel pattern I drew in 2012 has now been revised and corrected, thanks to my PIC Muskaan, who helped me and proofread the PDF, and thanks also for a wonderful initiative that gave me the opportunity to rediscover this forgotten pattern. You can find the pattern in both Italian and English. Here are the links to the two PDF versions:

Angelo Lia, Italian version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KntC2p3UkZq8hQ1vEz7vmIAFCJ6AqeN9/view?usp=drivesdk  

Angelo Leah, English version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cIY84JtmY3__tA5CpvQQpKFss90lLynM/view?usp=drivesdk 

I experimented with some interesting effects and techniques, something new to me in 2012, such as the large thrown off rings with dimples for the wings, the Long Picot Join used to make the arms, and a long double picot used to make the halo. I honestly don't remember if I was trying something I'd seen before, but Muskaan helped me organize, suggested the right names for the techniques (that I ignored in 2012) and even added links to tutorials for a few steps. She is the best!

For the large rings, I used a method described here: “Working with Large Rings by Patty Dowden 2013”, a Tutorial prepared by Muskaan for the #Endrucks1920Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/161D5JeEPk4u_d6Pu6uAsaWjTTLzff4Fj/view

The “Long Picot Join” was described in a tutorial by Muskaan in her blog, here: https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2017/03/marigolds-in-row.html  (look for “joining to adjacent flower : ( pictorial B)” )

In the next, I will tell you what prompted me to publish the pattern.

*********

Tamie Montgomery, who leads "The Online Tatting Class Founded by Georgia Seitz", has launched the "Heavenly Angels Challenge" in support of the "Angel Tree", a charity initiative promoted by the Salvation Army (an international organization), which helps parents in need give their children the Christmas gifts they desire. Children's names are usually written on paper angels and hung on Christmas trees at locations where donations are collected. TOTC's Challenge consists of tatting and donating angels, which are then kept as gifts for the donors or gifted to children. In the United States, the angels should be sent to the Palmetto Tatters Guild.

Anyone here in Italy can bring their Angels to any paediatric hospital, church, or charity, clearly specifying the purpose, or donate it to the families in need. Tamie writes:

“The hope is to help the children that are either underprivileged or entering a stage in their life that no parent wants to face alone. We hope it brings hope and love to everyone that is touched by an Angel tatted and donated. “

"The Heavenly Angels Challenge", as the initiative is called, begins by tatting 5 angels and then nominating 5 tatters who will each send their 5 angels, who in turn will nominate 5 more tatters, and so on, in a chain that will hopefully produce many more angels.

All the information on how to participate can be found on this page: https://www.theonlinetattingclass.com/tatting-angels-tribute 

The list of available patterns is on the same page, where you are also invited to participate as a designer.

For this noble purpose, Muskaan and I, on behalf of the Endrucks 1920 Project, have offered all the angel patterns available in the #Endrucks1920Project. Muskaan talked about it in her blog a few days ago: https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2026/07/angels-needed.html 

Additionally, I can personally contribute offering the pattern shared in this post and another, the angel Ariel, which you can find here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-pattern-under-tree.html

 
************

I thank Tamie and The Online Tatting Class so much for this initiative. I hope many tatting angels will be sent and that many children and donors will appreciate and keep the tangible memory of this gesture of generosity.

Ciao, Ninetta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta