Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 19 June 2018

magic square - and AOB

Here it is the square, I'm almost there
Details and pattern are here: the chain does the trick 
The pattern for the little box, that I use as a container for the measuring tape, is by Nancy Tracy, it is here: http://www.be-stitched.com/free-tatting-patterns-3/tatted-box/
I circled with the red line a mistake, that I found too late, a miscounted chain. I called Dr. Downplay again and he assured me that nobody is going to see it 😱😱😱😱😱😱 but me...

Then, here it is the AOB ("any other business") part:

I started another little project, just to have fun. I'm planning another thread, maybe a coloured one, and I think to tat it in a squared shape. In the next picture my first sample with DMC white size 80, pattern is from page 57 of a very old book, by Mrs. Warren from 1868, link is here: http://www.antiquepatternlibrary.org/pub/PDF/C-GS001Warren.pdf
I changed the old pattern a little, substituting some rings with split rings, so that a "magic pathway" appeared. I will share a drawing soon, I hope.

The bracelet with zoliduo beads is very close to become an UFO, I can't find it, I'm sure I put it in the "here-where-I-will-find-it" place. We always have such a place, you know!

And here it is my net, it restarted after a winter hiding behind the kitchen's door, I hope to finish it for the end of the summer:

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
I'm happy to share with you beautiful photos, too. My DH heard my whines for the "very old" smartphone (6 years) I had and the other day he came home with a present: the new one is great for taking perfect photos of my tatting and flowers, that I love!


Ciao,
Ninetta

11 comments:

  1. Your magic square projects are inspiring!!! :)
    Your net and flowers are beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful flowers🌻 and this netting project look large and very nice. I wonder if you have friends over to help you with this? As always love your tatting, have a wonderful evening 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty Carollyn! Lol, I've nice friends but the fun of playing with this is not shared! I take on all mistakes!

      Delete
  3. Dr Downplay is right, no one will ever notice one mistake in a beautiful,complex piece! Wow, your net is stunning. How do you work on it? Do you have to lean over the frame to work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Jane! Yes I do, I lean the frame against the table, hands have to move over and on the underside too.

      Delete
  4. Love the magic pathways ;-D
    Didn't realise your net was this big .. wow !
    Congratulations on your new acquisition - sometimes husbands can be so sweet and indulgent ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much talent! Even photography! I am excited to see your written up Mrs. Warren pattern, it's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And your friend Mr. Downplay is absolutely right! I wonder does he have an American cousin I could invite to stay at my house? She would be a most welcome guest.

      Delete
    2. Thank you dear Michelle, I'll do my best to write the pattern soon. Your next comment is funny, you know, everybody in the world has an American cousin ;-) lol :))

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta