Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 7 June 2019

the right angle - trebles and block tatting

What to do when you just need the right "right angle"? ๐Ÿ“❓

Every tatter knows that the tatted chain loves curving. (There's a nice tutorial online, about how to tat squared rings, that originally was an idea by Anne Dyer, but you need a third thread.)

So, I've been playing with an idea, that - if you like - you can compare with other methods, like adding a very very small mock ring or adding half stitches or doing the shoe lace trick.


The method starts as though I was doing a suspended chain, or a SSSCh:

1) Fold core shuttle's thread and finger tat 3 double stitches
here they are:

2) Now pass the shuttle inside the loop of the SSSCh

3) Pull the core thread on the left in next picture, to completely close the loop
4) Then pull the core shuttle
5) Tat at least one stitch with the core shuttle
6) firmly pull the shuttle to make the core thread disappearing

That is the chain after some more double stitches:

The "change of direction" in next pic has been done reversing work and exchanging shuttles.

๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

The "right angle" is very useful for using treble tatting stitches in block tatting.
In fact, the problem is that the height of the tds is a problem when you try to climb up to each subsequent row.

The 'angle problem' is solved with a "right angle" with 2ds and 1tds
Reverse work after each row:

๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I think it works fine, but is the right angle something 'right' also for you? 
Well, you just have to try it out, I'm listening...

Ciao,
Ninetta

17 comments:

  1. That’s clever Ninetta. I have tatted the square ring, but this has greater potential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent solution !!! You are always 'right' ✔ ๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-f please let me know what you think after you've tried it ๐Ÿ‘

      Delete
  3. So many creative techniques!!! Love to see your creativity!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! off to try it!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this post and it is very helpful and I am so going to try this wonder corner. Love your invention! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ๐ŸŒนthank you so much, you're very nice Carollyn!

      Delete
  6. I do listen and I say Brava!!!! I must try this out when my to-tat list is smaller. ROFLLLLLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wish I were a good enough tatter to make use of these techniques. You have an amazing understanding of the mechanics of tatting!! BRAVA!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta