Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 20 November 2018

treble tatting in hearts

For the sequence of steps for tatting a tds, please refer to this post: treble tatting - ideas or watch this video in YouTube: https://youtu.be/ra0NnlqR0oA

What you see (if, by any chance 🙀) inside the tatting, it is an ice drop, a clear rounded glass, diameter is 2cm. It's transparent, it can be hardly seen in the pics (sorry, also the gold thread isn't easy to photograph).

In next collage I put together two pics, the front side and the back. The ice drop is clearly visible from the back.
The ice drop, also known as cabochon, was already nice, even without the outer round with hearts. Actually, those curled rings shaped little hearts around it.
In next pic I'm sorry it's not so clear, but there are two different parts: one flower, only rings, one shuttle, for the rounded front side,
... and another part, a star with 8 points, curled rings and chains, for the back side:
Rings are all 5ds between each picot, and curled rings are 8ds, very small picot, 8ds. Chains are 5ds, picot, 2ds, picot, 5ds, and are connected each other in their picots.

The two parts, flower and star, are connected while tatting the back side, with those curled rings wrapped around the top beads in the flower. The cabochon was inserted before tatting the last chain.
#######
UPDATE: link to a post by Muskaan, her tatting and variations:
https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/02/due-credit.html
#######

But there weren't treble stitches around my cabochon... 🤔😄
Of course you already know that I'm in the "tatting treble mode", Lol!

I thought the ice drop would have been even nicer with another round, then the heart with treble stitches it's something I've been thinking about for a while...
That is only a first idea, I think that it's something that I would love playing with again. Can you imagine how many tatting combos there are, with ds and tds together in tatted dimpled rings?


Thread is Finca metallic gold colour 0006 n.2/C, doubled (that is, shuttles are wound with 2 strands of Finca thread, it is almost like a size 20 thread), beads are rocaille miyuki 15/0 galvanized dark mauve (4213).

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
An update about the embroidered netting lace, that is a pic with the rectangular doily finished, now I have to fill the remaining space, so the precious handmade net won't be wasted.

Ciao,
Ninetta

9 comments:

  1. Love the interweaving of techniques and effects and the neurons in your tatting brain :-h =)) :X
    Another on my to-tat list.
    And your netting lace embroidery is equally spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ice drop, another addict,
    I love the pattern and how you have introduced many new techniques into the ice drop, can’t wait to try this pattern,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly wonderful Ice Drop!!! :) Beautiful design!!
    Your embroidered netting lace is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your treble tatting mode gives me so many innovative patterns, thanks. I like the idea of fixing central glass by back work, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Ice Drop, it's gorgeous! And thumbs up for the netting lace embroidery, it is absolutely beautiful. Also, I hadn't realized how big it is; my first reaction at seeing your picture was to look towards my door to estimate the distance between floor and doorknob! This really is a long-term project! But of course as the saying goes, quand on aime on ne compte pas! (If you love something, you don't count - time, money...). 😀🌺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to everyone, you're all very welcome :-f :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Ninetta, me apasiona tus trabajos e Intento hacerlo,a veces salen y otras me frustro, pero sigo intentándolo, te admiro mucho,te deseo lo mejor para estas fiestas y un próspero año 2019 gracias

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Ninetta, me apasiona tus trabajos e Intento hacerlo,a veces salen y otras me frustro, pero sigo intentándolo, te admiro mucho,te deseo lo mejor para estas fiestas y un próspero año 2019 gracias

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta