Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 12 March 2019

video for treble tatting stitches in split chains

How to tat treble tatting stitches in split chains.
You should already know how to tat double stitches in split chains.

About split chains, there's an array of resources in Muskaan's blog, at this link: https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/p/tatting-resources.html, under the paragraph: "SPLIT CHAIN (SCh) / DORA YOUNG KNOTLESS (DYK) / BRIDGING".
My personal preference goes to the page shared by Jane Eborall, here: http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/SplitChain.pdf

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
In the video I'm following a simple pattern, just to show the split chain and how to use it in a pattern where you need to climb out to a next round.

I've another post about tds in split chains, but it's how I tatted treble tatting stitches around a metal ring, from left to right (link: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2019/03/how-to-tat-tds-in-split-chain.html).

In the current video, I'm tatting the second side of the split chain from the right to the left.

At the end, I tatted a mock/faux tds and a split ring to climb out and continue the pattern without cutting the thread (nevertheless, I can already imagine some patterns that can have split chains without a mock tds).

Watch the video at this link https://youtu.be/bsVx0tDXCAw

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼
Starting the chain in the usual way, I tatted 4ds, then 3tds. Then I prepared the left side of the mock tds, tatting a vsp and one ds.
Join (shuttle join) to the point the split chain has to end, then come back with 4ds in split chain.
From now on there are 3 tds in the split chain.

Proceed in this way:

1. Let the thread drop behind the bare thread. Bring the shuttle to the front and then through the loop.
2. Pull the loop behind the bare thread and upwards, tighten it but leave a very short picot. That is the tricky part, because the picot tends to close. The height of this picot determines the height of the first treble stitch, then it has to be gently pulled, not tight.

3. Make a sort of a "fingers' loom":
  • FIRST LOOP. Laying the picot across the ball thread and pull up a loop of thread through this picot. Keep that loop opened, holding it around the ring finger.
  • SECOND LOOP. Take the shuttle thread from under the bare thread of the chain and anchor it around the middle finger (clockwise).
  • THIRD LOOP. Bring it downwards around to the little finger (counterclockwise) and then back up to the chain.

Then the treble stitch's movements can be done:

4. Pass the shuttle behind and through the SECOND LOOP, from back to front, for a total of 3 times.
5. Pass the shuttle into the FIRST LOOP.

Now the thread needs to be settled in:

6. Close the FIRST LOOP gently pulling the thread between around the middle finger.
7. Close the SECOND LOOP pulling the thread around the little finger.
8. Close the THIRD LOOP pulling the shuttle's thread.


I repeated the same for the next 2 tds in the split chain.
I finished with a vsp and a ds in the split chain, that is the right part of the mock tds.
For how to tat a mock picot, watch this video in YouTube: https://youtu.be/yRW-3qQGS_g

The video end with a split ring.

Thank you for watching my videos. 

Ciao,
Ninetta

8 comments:

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta