Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 2 July 2019

tailor's room

That has already been given away to one of my aunts. She (and my mum too) has been sewing clothes for all the family for all her life. She's also been a painter, the miniature picture I put into the room box, it is one of her own painting, I took a shot and printed a very very little picture.
I used the line of split rings to frame it, thread is dmc ecrù, size 40.


It happened that my brother gifted me a kit for making a tailor's room box, about the same time I had already started collecting miniature furniture and met "Dalì L'Artista" (the lady that decorates the shuttles).
Dalì helped me making that little beauty. But now I've many remnants from the kit, maybe for another room, I'll ask her help again!

In Italian there's only a vowel to difference between a man and a woman that sews ("sarto" and "sarta"), but in English I found that there are two different words. So, I asked and Mr.Google answered... what is the difference between a seamstress and a tailor?

Of course, it could not miss the tatting!
For the drawer in the left corner, I used little roses (Jeanne Lugert's pattern, modified, thread is dmc size 80) and a tiny doily tatted with sewing thread:
Making dollhouse boxes is addictive, just like tatting. My other WIPs are temporarily on hold because now I'm fully devoted to another room box, I'll tell you...

Ciao,
Ninetta

20 comments:

  1. Using my binoculars to locate my magnifying glass in order to see all details of this beauty 😉
    I can see how it can get addicting! True labour of love.
    🌹💗🌹💗🌹
    In most Indian languages also there is usually a simple 'a' (as in dada) and 'e/i' (as in feel) to differentiate male from female. Fairly simple and uncomplicated 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear!
      That's a great thing, you'd learn one word changing the suffix only ;-) :))

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that’s exquisite. Such attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :-f I'm happy that my aunt loves it too :X

      Delete
  3. So cute, I love it! If you make another I can’t wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robin :-f ah! you should wait a little bit! Lol!

      Delete
  4. Sooo cute! I wish I had such a pretty sewing-room! (regular size I mean 😉). Looking forward to your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your miniatures and they are a perfect place to use your tiny tatting. My mom was a tailor she took classes to make fitted clothes and suits A seamstress makes clothes but cannot make a proper suit and top coats that are fitted. A lot of men make expensive suits so most people think that a man is a tailor. kind of like being a cook and a chef. I took classes to be a seamstress at school. but manipulating the fabric is even more skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Carollyn, that's a great info, that the words are not related to the gender :-f my aunt was a tailor, then :)

      Delete
  6. I love miniature houses and can ooh and aah endlessly at the details. You have created a gorgeous gift, I'm sure your aunt loved it! And adding your tatting in there made it even more personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lavi! Yes and it is even more personal also with the miniature of her own painting :)

      Delete
  7. Fantastic!! I always liked the doll houses you made, many times I was inspired and said that ok my next project will be this😘 but actually not started yet. It's really beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miniatures have always fascinated me! I love this little room!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That box room is fabulous I love the details you have put into it. A real work of art

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta