Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 25 June 2019

get away

I feel like I'm on holiday from my "normal" tatting, but everyone needs to get away, from time to time.

I've been tatting just a line of split rings, that I'm going to put around a frame in another doll room box, that is for a gift. Like the previous doll room, I've been helped by my new friend "Dalì L'artista", the lady that decorates the shuttles that are in my photos (she has a profile in Facebook).

Then, I've started embroidering another handmade net, with the technique learnt from the ladies from Bosa, Maestre of the Sardinian filèt called “SU LÀURU 'OSINCU”.
It's very relaxing, now that I know how to do it! In the pic, you see that I've only started the button-hole stitch all around the net that I will fill with the embroidery. The net is handmade, I bought it last year.
I'm enjoying this new project!
Do you think that I'm going to replace tatting with the net? Get away!

Ciao,
Ninetta

12 comments:

  1. The netting looks interesting, I look forward to seeing how it develops. I like making split ring braids. There’s a time for straight forward tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very fascinated with your net work and can't wait to see more 😀💐

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such patience !!!! Now to see how your net and tatting progress :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much Alka, Carollyn and Muskaan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should tat a line of split rings! Yours looks so lovely! I do fine when I'm practicing, but when I try to add split rings to a piece of tatting, I get all fumble fingered. I know I need to practice, and that might be the key!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty! Yes agree, everything needs practice:-f The finished line has already been put in its place, you can see it in Facebook, I'll post here too.

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta