Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 3 September 2019

giggly earrings

After the bracelet of previous post, I went on playing with rings and chains and found other ways to interlace them to obtain nice effects.

For the earrings that are in the last picture of this post, I tatted few rings with only one shuttle, with beads in between:
I used beads instead of chains because I like them more than simple chains in a pair of earrings, they look fresh and fun.

Thread is Penny 20 by Fili &Gioielli a chiacchierino, from Edda Guastalla's shop, it is like a cotton size 20.

Pattern (only one shuttle and beads):
Beads are pre-loaded, I've used a mix of miyuki 11/0 and rocailles 15/0
ds = double stitch.
Start with ring G in next picture. Rings are named with letters in reverse order because that way it will be easier to explain during the interlacing steps.

Ring G: 8ds
Chain: 12ds
Ring F: 30ds
---Slide 21 beads
Ring E: 26ds
---Slide 31 beads 
Ring D: 22ds
---Slide 41 beads 
Ring C: 18ds
---Slide 51 beads 
Ring B: 14ds
---Slide 61 beads 
Ring A: 14ds, tie and cut thread.

How to interlace:

1. Pass B throughout A

2. Pass C throughout A
3. then pass B throughout C

4. Pass D throughout A
5. Pass both C&B throughout D

6. Pass E throughout A
7. Pass D&C&B throughout E
8. Pass F throughout A
9. Pass E&D&C&B throughout F
Then you need to block everything with the last chain and ring. That is:

10. Pass G inside and from front to back under F. Reverse the work and pull G throughout all loops with beads
11. Block together rings A and G (I've used a french hook).

Enjoy your new earrings!

🌸🌸🌸 Before I left, just an extra giggle from my side... I tried many versions before the one shared here, I couldn't find the right stitches' count at the first try, neither the right number of beads. Then I found that the odd number of beads (21,31, etc.) fits good for the dangling effect and the even number of ds (30,26,22...) worked well for rings... That was one of those funny moments, when what you needed was only a coffee break... ☕☕☕

Ciao,
Ninetta


14 comments:

  1. I've decided to take some thread and beads with me to Tat Days to work on this! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic! Thank you for sharing😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m saying wow, not giggling! Very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful design of earrings, great creativity, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Vic, Jane and Alka 🌹🌹🌹🥰👋

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and the construction is genius! Thank you for sharing 💜💚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta