Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 1 October 2019

distractions

Last week I was almost ready to play on another pattern of mine, a new lanyard, that I hope to share soon, oh well... if I don't get distracted again!

The first distraction came from Muskaan. I really enjoyed tatting her pattern! It was fun, like a tat-along, because she engaged me and Anita Spotz Barry in modifying the original 8 arms pattern to obtain a snowflake. She called it "mutant snowflake", read the full story in her blog https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com

(Update:
Direct link to Muskaan's post
https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-jinx-of-13.html)

Thread is size 80 Dmc Special Dentelles, colours numbers are 740(orange) and 90(multicoloured yellow).

The next distraction came from the local association which I belong to. From the 26th to 29th of September it is our patron saint's festival. We joined other associations (musicians, poets, comedians) and worked in public, with our bobbin laces, netting, macrame and tatting, free teaching for curious passers-by. That was the original plan... but another Great Incredible Distraction came to the event in my city, interrupting her short holiday in Rome!! 😱😱😱 Wow! I still can't believe that Karen Cabrera was here, even if for few moments!! I'm extremely bad at speaking in English, but she is sweet and she's also learning Italian (lucky me 😅). 💓Thank you Karen for this unbelievable nice surprise! 😍You made my... year!😍

- (Picture courtesy by Karen, uploaded from FB) -
 

The last two distractions of the week are 2 new purchases. A book: "Illusion of 3-D in Split Ring Tatting", by Karen Bovard, and two shuttles decorated by "Dalì L'artista", her name is Lina and has a profile in Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/people/Dali-Lartista/100010034103450). She doesn't decorates many shuttles, only few each time, but she's nice and always try and satisfy who asks for them.


I will soon try something from the book.

Ciao,
Ninetta

12 comments:

  1. Those are certainly the kind of distractions that make life interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged 😆
    but your other distractions make for sweet memories! d-)
    Thanks for all your help :-h

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilty! haha! next time the distraction will be longer! I promise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous snowflake!!! :)
    Great tatting supplies!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta