Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 24 September 2019

1936 motif

The pattern for that motif can be found in Georgia Seitz's site, from 2005 online classes. It is from "Imported Designs of Tatting Book #77 The Spool Cotton Co. ©1936". She talked about the booklet from 1936 in her article here:
https://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art300673.asp

Direct link to pattern, written by Mimi Dillman:
http://www.georgiaseitz.com/2005/cluny/1936hexagonalclunymotif.pdf
Many thanks to Mimi Dillman for sharing her instructions for the pattern with us 🥰.

It's a very beautiful motif, and colours are lovely on jeans. Thread is "combi 0.4", "mandarino" (orange) and "cacao" (brown),by "Fili &Gioielli a chiacchierino", from Edda Guastalla's shop.

It's been a pleasure to tat, especially because I read her working notes in her pdf.
But I didn't change the stitches' count for the larger rings and I chose to start at one large ring, because I don't often tat clunies and I actually was worrying how to hide ends inside the cluny leaf.
Also, I added one wrap to clunies, it worked great for my hand and with that thread.
Edda's thread is smooth and I think that it was the reason why tatting the leaves went like a breeze 👍🥰.

Then, I followed a great tip from Muskaan (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com), that one that she calls "ONE SMALL STEP". She also shared in her blog something about how to hide ends in the leaf. I should have refreshed her full series of posts before tatting this motif, a good reminder for me for re-tatting it!

Just a curiosity, 1936 is also the foundation year of my native city.

Ciao,
Ninetta

16 comments:

  1. I love is and clunies are my one of my favorite tatting techniques your colors are fabulous too!
    Hugs from Carollyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks it looks so intricate Ninetta. Your version and Mimi’s look so much neater than the original one. 1936 seems very late for the foundation of your city, tell us why that is please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aprilia,_Lazio

      Delete
    3. Thank you Jane, too nice of you :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful doily, I love your clunies, I have never tried clunies its something I have avoided so far, I think one day I should try them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catches the eye immediately -- colours and all 😍
    Karen Cabrera used that one small step in her recent Cluny tutorial, though she didn't mention the term or anything 😄
    I agree with Jane about the motif made by Mimi and you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I know that I've learned that clever tip from you :X

      Delete
  5. Fabulous motif!!! :)
    Pretty sunflower shuttle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I agree with Jane Mc Lellan that your version is much more neater than the original and thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful motif and colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta