Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Monday 10 May 2021

cute and unusual

Maybe, some of my readers can remember that I tatted and diagrammed the edging #14 from the "Schiffchen-Spitzen", by E.Endrucks, a book from 1920. I tatted it as part of the "Endrucks 1920 Project", that is an international collaborative endeavour, with volunteer tatters presenting Frau Endrucks’ patterns in modern format, compiled here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17LEVftXweztBIOWh4sL4BB7bX65ssoOsOn4oXIgCepY/view

I attached the edging #14 to a pram sheet, and I've also tatted a narrow version for the pillow's cover.


Those pics have been taken in March, when I sewed it:


Actually I'm out of exercise with the needle and my sight has worsened lately, but eventually I'm happy with it! It's a cute set!

We've discovered that Mrs Endrucks had her book published at the age of 36. She died when she was only 54. Read a short biography here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LzBnvzj7azCWLXJACSvcNHegXfP4fv_/view

Her patterns are a great source of inspiration, even after 100 years! It isn't the "usual" tatting with wheels and rosettes, she was aware of her originality and wrote: "My book shows you the way out of the eternal monotony of all tatted lace so far"!

Here it is the link for the pattern of the narrow edging, that I tatted following just part of the edging in Endruck's book:

derived - endrucks n14 - narrow edging


Ciao,
Ninetta

P.S. This next info is especially for my readers that receive and read my posts only via email:

"The Feedburner team announced that their email subscription service will be discontinued in July 2021. As a result, Blogger’s email subscription widget, also known as the FollowByEmail widget, will be turned off."

10 comments:

  1. Quite elegant - the broad as well as the narrow versions 👌💖
    So, have you found an alternate to the Feedburner issue? I followed the directions to download all email addresses, but when I finally open the file it is gibberish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful edging!!! :) You did an awesome job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever to combine wide and narrow versions in one set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Jane and Sue :-f

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ninetta, I know a good Feedburner alternative - follow.it! Please have a look here why we're a great alternative: https://follow.it/blog/feedburner-stops-email-services-switch-to-follow-it-now/. The switching process is very quick and we are always happy to help you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and very elegant edging :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great edging, this goes to my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta