Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Wednesday 31 July 2024

thanks for the review

I’m really grateful for private sweet messages, positive comments, and public demonstrations of appreciation of my book. Thank you everyone. I am humbled and flattered. My heartfelt thanks go to my lovely friends, who encouraged and helped me, in particular to Karen and Muskaan who translated the book in English and made it possible to bring it to many more tatters than I had ever imagined. 

I almost fainted when I read Anita Barry’s message, in which she informed me of her intention to write a review of my book. Few days after, when I read what she had written, well, I can't find the words, even in my native language, to express my feelings of gratitude. She’s so generous and very kind with my book! She’s a Master Tatter, a member of IOLI and the first ever tatter who completed the IOLI Tatting Proficiency. She also completed the Tatters Across Time Proficiency and now mentors others who participate in the Program. She was a teacher at Palmetto Tat Days for many years.

Anyone who knows me personally knows that I'm not good at self-advertising. So, I am thrilled - and a little shy and trembling - to tell you that Anita sent her review article to:
-    The Online Tatting Class,
-    The International Organization of Lace Inc. (I.O.L.I.),
-    The Ring of Tatters,
-    and to The Tatters Guild of Australia NSW Branch.
I feel honoured that Anita thought that all these important organizations would have been interested in the review of my book.

Also, amazingly enough, she told me the book is being added to the IOLI library! Wow!

You can already read Anita Barry’s review on the TOTC site (link - https://www.theonlinetattingclass.com/georgia-seitz-book-reviews )

I'm particularly delighted that she loved that I “challenge others to explore possibilities”. In her sweet words: “With her simple manner and with great passion Ninetta is “between art and craft”. She begins with vintage lace ideas, adds new techniques, resulting in new modern appearances. What a marvelous inspiration for tatters!” 

Anita’s review is an amazing gift for me, I had never thought of anything like this, and still, I feel I’m not doing anything special, just sharing my passion. As the sentence at the top of this blog says, it's all about my passion and my joy.

In the pic, a design from 2022.

 Ciao, Ninetta

17 comments:

  1. w-) So very happy for you, all well-deserved 😍 Anita is a true enabler and is enabling tatting, tatting lace, tatters, and designers at every opportunity and through every outlet 🥰 Enjoy and hopefully you will grace us with a new book soon :-h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara Ninetta, sono molto felice per te, per le cose che fai con passione, senza vanto alcuno. Per le cose che riesci a spiegare e a condividere e a coinvolgere. Grazie, sai quanto mi ha fatto piacere averti conosciuta personalmente. Ti abbraccio con affetto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correggo: riesci a spiegare, a condividere, a coinvolgere. Ecc ecc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Non sono anonimo, sono Paola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Well deserved. I’m glad your work is being recognised.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the review. Anita is a treasure!! And your book is a wonderful addition to Tat Land!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome!!! :)
    You are such a wonderful tatter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am incredibly grateful you met me at the Vatican with huge Easter-week crowds ( not an easy spot like a quaint coffee shop). Your book teaches your Treble tatting stitch, but it’s a “smart” book linking the reader to online videos. Most tatters purchase books online without being able to flip thru the pages. Writing this review allowed others an insight into your book and sharing you passion. 😃 Outstanding product Ninetta! Caio, Anita Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, you are a treasure 🥰🦋🦋🦋

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the review and publishing your book, certainly a review from someone like Anita Berry is worth a thousand words, well done

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta