Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 6 August 2024

pattern for the rose stud earrings

Unnatural Rose, I would say! This flower grows from the petals towards the center!

The pic below (posted in Fb few days ago) was the first prototype. Then I found a way to make it as if it was a bezel embellishment. This means the pattern can be adapted for brooches or tatted ice drops, any size, just increasing the number of petals and the number of rings tatted for the cabochon (yet to be tried).

I designed two patterns, one for the cabochon size 8mm, the other for the cabochon size 6mm, shown in next pic:

“Unnatural Rose”  - Link to pdf (two patterns) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cwBe5_pU8tglX0E4kOxisH-k_zwAhgmw/view

I tatted the “Unnatural Rose” with 2 shuttles loaded CTM. The patterns have two parts: the Petals, then the Centre. In both patterns I started from the petals. The Petals are thrown/floating rings around a mock ring. Do not cut the thread after the Petals, leave a mock picot and start the Centre, which is the bezel motif that goes around the cabochon.

- 6mm Swarovski 5817 Pearl Cabochon Crystal Light Grey, which I used with metallic Sanbest thread, blue and light blue 3 strands, white and silver 4 strands.

- 8mm Swarovski 5817 Pearl Cabochon Crystal White, which I used with the gold metallic Sanbest thread, 4 strands.

When all the tatting is done, pass a loop of thread through picots in the rings of the Center. Pass the shuttle inside that loop but do not pull yet.

Then you can pick your pin cabochon and do the final step (see pictures 4 and 8). Put the pin through the mock ring of the Petals and position the side with the cabochon under the Centre.

Pull the thread to close the loop and trap the cabochon. Make 2 or 3 knots with the tails and cut them. There’s no need to sew the tails. 

Ciao, Ninetta

6 comments:

  1. What I find amazing is how you seamlessly worked all the layers and bezel setting in one pass! Beautiful and thanks 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!! I know several tatting fans that would love such earrings. Thank you for inspiring me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta