Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 26 November 2019

fior di filet - pattern for a snowflake

"Fior" is the contraction of the word "fiore", that in Italian means flower.
Pattern is in Flickr : https://flic.kr/p/2hR6LeP
There are two rounds, worked continuously without cutting the  thread after the first round. 

I used Jane Eborall's method to join rows of block tatting, you find all links and a video in previous blog post.
I switched shuttles after the first ring (I put a "swirl" in the drawing in that point), but I didn't reverse work, I continued with flipped stitches in the normal way. I was uncertain if I should write DNRW but at the end I decided to let the tatter choose her favourite way). I didn't reversed work because I wanted my tatting front side, both rings and block tatting.  But that is my personal choice. 
I tatted all the first round from the front, in counterclockwise direction, taking advantage of the fact that I learned to tat also in "direct tatting", that is how they call the method in which (without changing the position of your hands) you tat unflipped stitches, like when you tat the second side of split rings "the dead spider way". It is very useful, I think, because it speeds up the tatting a lot. 
After the round with block tatting, I didn't reverse work passing to the second round, my shuttles were already in position to start the outer round with the chain, but I changed the direction of my tatting, going clockwise. Where the swirls are in second round, you can choose to switch shuttles, instead I just changed to direct tatting. If you like, you can tat that chain all the same direction, it will look like a flower's petal.

I should thank Muskaan, she was so kind to test tat the pattern (she suggested the idea of the flower petal), her help has been precious. I learned that whatever direction you take, the journey and who walks with you are what matter. Happy tatting 🥰🥰🥰

❄❄❄❄❄
I also wanted to blog about two other snowflakes I've just tatted, patterns are by Lene Bjorn, 8th & 9th of December, but that is for the next week!
❄❄❄❄❄
Ciao,
Ninetta 

7 comments:

  1. I already have shuttles wound to try this out. In colors of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He did it again, without fail! As soon as he laid eyes on the printout, he complimented the presenter :-D
    Thank you for the opportunity to test this. I just blogged my notes. Hope to do do a better tatting job next time. :X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very kind of him. And thank you again for your time and help :X

      Delete
  3. meraviglioso grazie Ninetta un abbraccio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta