Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 24 December 2019

xmas, angels and friends

The following xmas' scene has been made with the help of my friend "Dalì L'Artista" (the lady that decorates the shuttles that are in my photos).
She suggested how to set the scene and I found the perfect way to show my tiny tatted balls and the snowflakes tatted with the silk (https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/search/label/silk+snowflake).

Then, in the next picture, there's "Another Christmas Angel", I'm not joking, that's its name!
Pattern is by Jennifer Williams. I tatted it because friends of the Italian group in Facebook chose it among others by J.Williams and I helped with the translation and the instructions.
Pattern is here: https://www.cariad-tatting.com/christmas-patterns

It is a gift for my mum, she loves it! We put a small light under the dress. I tatted it with silver embroidery thread DMC E168 (polyester skein). For the head, I tatted one ball with white DMC Diamant D5200.
Pattern for the ball is one of mine (https://flic.kr/p/2hN8Y28)

There are beads, too. For sleeves and dress I used bugle beads 2mm, then for wings I used silver transparent rocailles 15/0, and for the head dress 2 rocailles 15/0 and one swarovski 2mm. I haven't stiffened it, since the polyester is firm enough and it stands alone without any wooden shape. Also, the ball (head) is empty.

About the snowflakes I've been tatting, I've exchanged some other messages with Sue Hanson. She is really helpful and a sweet lady! She found another snowflake with block tatting. She rescued it with the wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/web/20050403221520/http://www.tattings.com/snow2/
So, I already updated the list in previous post.
Here it is:

Direct link to the pattern by Carol Rasor: https://web.archive.org/web/20050215131532/http://www.tattings.com/snow2/snow2_12.shtml

The site went down after that Ron Solomon, the owner, went tatting with the Angels and nobody else stepped in. All snowflakes are by different designers, they are all worth a try, all original and it would be a great loss for the "Tatternet" community if they will disappear. I would like to make a plea to all tatters, if someone can suggest a virtual place for saving all those patterns. I would suggest Craftree...

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and today I like leaving you with a phrase about friendship:

"...A faithful friend is a sure shelter, whoever finds one has found a rare treasure. A faithful friend is something beyond price, there is no measuring his worth. A faithful friend is the elixir of life..." (source: The Bible,Ecclesiasticus)

Ciao,
Ninetta

9 comments:

  1. Awesome Christmas scene!!!!! :)
    Unbelievable angel!!!! :)
    Another wonderful block snowflake!!! :)
    Merry Christmas to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another wonderful christmas scene, beautiful tatting as always

    I wish you and your family a very happy christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you and your family merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post and love Santa flying by 🎅 The decor is unbelievable and gorgeous flower flake! 😍
    It's a treasure to have you as a friend 👭

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your display and works are so fabulous and love them all Merry Christmas to you and excited to follow you next year❤🎄❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta