Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 28 January 2020

multicolored

I'm playing with some new threads, probably you've already seen my photos in Facebook.
That is a multicoloured Sanbest thread, it looks completely different on the spool, so I'm very happy with the result.
My pattern up there mixes double stitches and treble tatting stitches and the section with trebles is a chain, with the under-over effect that makes it look like rings. I used the same effect in the snowflake with the ice-drop in the centre (here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/01/shine-light-on-tds.html)


I'm enjoying playing with this metallic Sanbest thread, these are other things I tatted with it:
That is a module, pattern is by Eva Antonucci.

Those bracelets are just lines of split rings, beads are preloaded in both shuttles. Pattern is a repetition of split rings tatted in this way: move 5 beads in the loop around  your hand, then tat 6tds with beads in between (move from the hand), then the other side is 8ds, very small picot, 3ds. Close it, letting the two last ds and tds stitches very close to each other, then, when it's closed, the core thread is near to the very small picot. To continue, lock join the core thread to the small picot, reverse work, switch shuttles and go on with the next split ring.

If you share any of my patterns, please put a link to this blog, don't copy and past pictures. I hope you understand, thank you in advance.

Ciao,
Ninetta

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oops, love them all 😉 Designs, threads, and your execution 👍

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! I love playing with new threads and seeing what they look like. I love the design you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bead placement and of course the new threads too. Do you use that oily or silicone type bees wax to make the thread slide better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carollyn 👋🌹
      I haven't used any of those, ever, for any thread. This thread slides perfectly.

      Delete
  4. I mention your patterns all the time to local tatters. I leave it to them to search out your blog. Perhaps I should share instead? I'm too lazy to get that organised? Please forgive.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the split ring ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta