Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 21 January 2020

variations on the theme

In Priscilla#3, figure 29, there's an edging that is very nice to tat.
Way back in 1924, they wrote that edgings would be perfect for pillow cases and sheets, but... in case you have a sparkling thread to use up, some edgings and trimmings are perfect for bracelets, too.
It is pretty easy: all chains. Each chain is the same number of stitches and the join is at about a third of the chain. In the "all ds" pattern, you can vary the number of ds, or you can add picots or beads, then you can change the position of the join, to obtain a wide range of similar patterns.


I tatted some variations, but I substituted double stitches with treble tatting stitches and now I wish I could try all possible combinations!

Thread is metallic Sanbest thread, they sold 3,4 and 6 strands, the thickness of the silver in the picture is 4 strands and - my opinion- it is like a Liz cotton size 20. The other two are 6 strands, that are like a cotton Cebelia size 10. In the Facebook group, friends wrote that the 6 strands thread is like a Liz metallic size 20, but I don't have any of that, to compare myself.

Ciao,
Ninetta

19 comments:

  1. Priscilla's work is truly timeless isn't it? I love what you have done ❤💐❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Is such an adaptable pattern and tds gives it added dimension. 💗
    Anchor mercerised crochet cotton that I mostly use, is 6 ply, tightly twisted, ideal for tatting. Although the sheen and thickness have changed over time (deteriorated).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bracelets are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I now want to tat in metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bracelets, lovely edgings yes they do make lovely bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta