Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Priscilla's bag

It is the "Bag in beaded tatting", fig.91 in Priscilla#2. I would call it beanile "ante litteram"...

All beads are in the ball thread. All chains. 
Thread is metallic mixed polyester, 3 strands, Sanbest colour number 178.

I started with what I thought was the longest manageable load of beads. I used rocailles miyuki 15/0 and haematite, I made my own mix, I think I loaded around 20gr of beads.

The pattern is 30 rounds for the body, then there's the string and the fringe. The string is beaded pearl tatting and the fringe is just long picots in chains, the pattern says 7cm but I will make mine proportioned, so I think 5 centimetres will fit. 

I climbed to subsequent rounds with split chains, a technique unknown to the 1915's tatter. Lucky me!

My first load of beads finished around round 14.

Then I loaded about another 30gr of beads.
No way they are enough though, they're going to finish soon. I think I need at least another 5 meters of beads for the fringe. In this moment I finished the beads of same colors at home, so I'm going out for "hunting". You're right, I just needed an excuse for shopping 😜.

I hope next week I'll have the finished bag and will show you. Fingers crossed!

That is the original picture in Priscilla#2, beads were white and turquoise:
Ciao,
Ninetta.

19 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful so far, can't wait to see the finished work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😘🌹 thank you, fingers crossed 🤞

      Delete
  2. Oh, the things you get up to b-( 😉😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, sorry I'll try to behave myself 🤣😜🌹🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! That is wonderful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bag, waiting to see your version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Grazie :-f e 🤞🤞🤞 lo vedrai di persona a maggio!

      Delete
  7. Wow Ninetta, that’s really spectacular. Going to be a very special bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much dear Jane, I especially appreciated because you know well what means handling all those beads 💕

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's quite an undertaking! It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, I am so late to check your blog and now that I see what you have done I am really sorry, cause it's so very beautiful I love Priscilla and so do you🦋💐🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carollyn :-f
      No need to say sorry, dear 🌹🌹🦋
      Thanks for leaving your nice comment 💕

      Delete
  11. Sorry for the late comment I have not been well
    I love your bag, it was certainly a labour of love with all those chains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret thank you :-f you're never late 🥰

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta