Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Parure “Anne” - with pattern

I’ve been updating my tutorials' and patterns’ pages, with links and pictures. Please if you find any oversight from my side, leave a comment in the corresponding blog post. Thank you very much for your help.
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

For tatting the bracelet, I’ve followed almost Anne Orr's pattern for an edging. It is from J&P Coats Crochet, Cross Stitch & Tatting Book #14, 1923. (Tatting is at pages 7 and 8.)
The edging is the fourth starting from the top, at page 7:
https://www.georgiaseitz.com/public/anneorr/book14/ao_p_7.jpg
To have the inner ring coloured (blue in my sample), split rings are tatted with 3 shuttles, two of them are for the split rings, the third shuttle/thread is hidden inside the reverse side of the SR, and it is used to tat the inner ring.
I tatted my bracelet with only 2 shuttles, the inner ring is tatted and joined to the outer ring using the same method that I explained here: Anne Orr's Slip Join (AOSJ) – pics 43 & 44
 
In the next, numbers without other indications are double stitch count.
ds = double stitch
- = picot
+ = normal up join
R = ring
SR = split ring
OR = onion ring
AOSJ = Anne Orr's Slip Join
SSSR = single shuttle split ring

Anne Orr’s pattern for edging with split onion rings:
SR: 8-1- (stop and then tat 1-8 ds after the reversed side) / 9 [R:10 AOSJ 10] 9.
Repeat for the desired length.

My bracelet’s pattern:
Bicones and pearls are 4mm. Thread is Sanbest col.num. 108 (4 strands, very similar to a size 20 cotton thread). I put the beads using this method: Bead in face-inward picot https://flic.kr/p/mTMZeB
Start with a ring: 12.
SR: 9- (stop and then tat 9 ds after the reversed side) / 9, [inner R:4, insert bead, 4, AOSJ 4, join the picot for bead, 4 ], 9.
Repeat split rings for the desired length.
Finish with a ring: 12.

I usually use this method to finish the last ring of my bracelets: Finishing with SSSR (http://tattingfool.blogspot.com/2011/07/finishing-with-sssr.html)

**************************************
The pendant’s pattern starts with an onion ring with true rings (https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-onion-dilemma.html):

Onion ring:
- Inner ring: R:4, insert bicone, 4, AOSJ 4, join the picot for bicone, 4.
- Outer ring: 6-6-6 onion ring join 6-6-6

Then I climbed to the second round in the same way I used for the "square medallion in leaf design", described here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/05/mock-and-split-but-still-genuine.html.
Rings’ stitch count in the second round is the same as the central true onion rings, but they are all split onion rings, like in the bracelet and in the Anne Orr’s "square medallion in leaf design".
(Note for myself: this second round needs a drawing)

Then I climbed to a third round (the first bigger ring is a split ring):
SR: 6-6; Repeat for 3 times.
SR: 6 / 3, [bigger ring: 6, insert pearl, 2+8+2, join the picot for pearl, 6], 3. (bigger ring is joined twice to the second round)
Repeat all around,
then finish with a round of Chains: 8, lock join to split rings’ base.

The pendant ends with a split chain and a multiple onion ring, that is 3 true onion rings and one mock ring (“6.2.2 Inner and median true rings and outer mock ring”, it is for 3 rings but it is the same method with 4 concentric rings).

I “copied” the idea from Muskaan, who used a folded multiple onion ring to have a loop/hook where passing the chain through (Thank you Muskaan!). This is the link to her original post: https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2015/04/parallel-tracks.html

Curled onion ring:
innermost ring: 6-6.
second inner ring: 8 onion ring join, picot, 8.
third inner ring: 12 onion ring join, picot, 12.
outer mock ring: 14 onion ring join, picot, 14.
Fold it over and tie threads.

The necklace is a line of split rings, all are 8-8.

**************************************
Earrings’ pattern:
The earrings’s onion rings are tatted with the same stitch count of the bracelet.
It starts with an onion ring:
Inner ring: R:4, insert pearl, 4, AOSJ 4, join the picot for pearl, 4.
Outer ring: 18 onion ring join 18.
SR: 9- (stop and then tat 9 ds after the reversed side) / 9, [inner R:4, insert bead, 4, AOSJ 4, join the picot for bead, 4 ], 9.
SR (name it A): 8-8
SR (name it B): 8-8
Multiple onion ring:
innermost ring: 6-6.
second inner ring: 8 onion ring join, picot, 8.
outer/third SPLIT ring: 12 onion ring join, picot, 12.
Finish with a small ring of 8 double stitches (I ended with the SSSR method by Miranda).

Then, to insert the earrings’ post, please look at next pictures: insert the small ring, from front to back inside the SR named A, then pick up the post and put it between the multiple onion ring and the SR named B, then inside the small ring.
I finished it sewing small ring and SR B together with a needle, using 2 strands of my thread.

That is a close up of the earrings, front and back:


Ciao,
Ninetta

9 comments:

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta