Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 27 October 2020

Eleonore, that's difficult!

Despite the name of my blog, it happens that a pattern can be difficult, for many reasons: the stitch count is not easy to memorize, the direction of work changes often, tension is an issue, switch shuttles is needed but not clear where... Or all these together!


Eleonore put me on test. I'm not yet sure that I gave it justice. The red and ocher is already finished, I added a tail and it's about to go live alone, in one of my mum's book. You can start CTM, all one colour, but I chose to tat it in two colours to better follow the pattern. Thread is DMC Special Dentelles size 80. The pattern is the #24 in the "Schiffchen-Spitzen" book, by Eleonore Endrucks, from 1920, it is available here: http://www.georgiaseitz.com/public/publicindex.html


I've uploaded my diagram in Flickr (click to see a better image):

endrucks n.24

As in previous two edgings, there is block tatting and thrown off rings, that makes it a 2-shuttles pattern. In the original, as far as I understood and tatted, the first corner of the block tatting is done simply switching shuttles, then tat 1 ds, leave a very small picot and go on. The whole pattern is completed after a finishing external round, only chains, and I regret not having left another very small picot after the point where I switched shuttles, becouse I could have better joined the outer round.

In next picture, one of those corners is pointed by the blue arrow:


Next is a bracelet, with metallic Sanbest thread, 3 strands, color is a gold-pink hue, number 133. The coloured swarovski beads, that you can see in the first picture above, are only laid on top. I still don't know how to add a clasp, I think that I need a wide type of clasp, but at the moment I haven't any at home.



Ciao,
Ninetta

UPDATE (19Jan2022) - pattern in pdf (errors corrected) :

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Great renditions. Thank you w-)
    Will add these to the G-docs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version looks stunning! I tip my shuttle to you for all that beautiful block tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :X thanks Mel, eventually I won but this time it wasn't easy tatting! 😅

      Delete
  3. Goodness Ninetta, that is a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :X it's a beautiful and interesting booklet from the past!!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting braid, Ninetta. The red and ochre one is quite vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, they are very interesting patterns, I'm enjoying tatting them!

      Delete
  5. Interesting pattern and beautiful colors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta