Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 3 November 2020

tatted frame

The next is pattern #30 in the "Schiffchen-Spitzen" book, by Eleonore Endrucks, from 1920, it is available here: http://www.georgiaseitz.com/public/publicindex.html


There are two files for that book, one is with photos of the actual tatting and another contains simple diagrams and short text written in German, but with an additional page in English with some description of symbols used.

For the #30, the tatted model and the diagram differ a little, so we eventually have two variants. Also, in the original diagram, those little rings on the sides of the central big ring are different from that I'm tatting, in fact the original are rings: 6ds, join to central big ring, 6ds. But in my first sample those rings popped up and I couldn't make the edging lay flat. Then, I've changed the stitch count.

In my version I tatted little rings in this way: 4ds, join to central big ring, 4ds.

The central element in each repetition has been tatted like an onion ring, same as in the chapter "2.2 Inner true ring with second shuttle, mock ring with first shuttle", the tutorial is here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/05/onion-rings-not-fried-yet.html

I started an edging that I will use to frame a ... well that will be a surprise... And I needed to design a corner! 


The pattern is completed by two rows, but I'm tatting them at the same time with 4 shuttles. That is a trick because in that way the edging is progressively completed and I can measure my progress on the frame. The elongated big rings are tatted alternatively with the two pairs of shuttles.

I started also a short sample for the second version, with a lovely multicoloured thread. I'll make it longer and use it as a bookmark.

Thread is DMC Special Dentelles size 80, colour 818, for the frame and Lzbeth size 80, colour 184, for the short sample.

I've uploaded my diagram in Flickr with both versions and the corner (click to see a better image):

endrucks n.30

Ciao,
Ninetta

5 comments:

  1. Your frame is going to look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s Art Deco isn’t it? Your corner is amazing, no mean feat to keep the spirit of the main braid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fascinating pattern from books of olden days! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta