Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Thursday 7 January 2021

short december summary

Happy New Year! My last post was on the first day of December, so I owe you a little summary. Actually, I haven't tatted a lot, but I accomplished to finish one of my long term projects, that is the dining room box.

Sorry that the edging in the next picture is not very clear, because the thread is a light pink glued on a light grey frame. The pattern is the #30 in the "Schiffchen-Spitzen" book, by Eleonore Endrucks, from 1920, if you like, I have better pictures in one of my previous posts (https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/11/tatted-frame.html)

I had a lot of fun changing the chairs with a new fabric. The furniture is plastic stuff, except for the console table on the left, that is wood.
I folded some fabric for the cupboard and used the hot glue to fix all elements. I tatted two short edgings (rings only, all 3-3-3-3 rings) for the shelves.
The small "doilies" on the console table are snowflakes designed by Sharon Briggs (https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2019/08/sizing-snowflakes.html)
(Well, an update for this post: actually I think that one is by Sharon Briggs and the other one is by Lene Bjorn)
The chandelier has been handmade by my aunt, with bugle beads and glass beads. The rosette in the ceiling is the tatted white motif with Venetian picots, that you can see in one of my old posts, here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2018/03/venetian-picots.html
For the doily on the table, I started like in the Anne Orr's baby bootie, but then I made the rest up, finishing with the "hen and chicks" traditional edging. I made an error in the pattern, in the count of the number of rings, but I'm lucky that Mr Downplay was here visiting for the holidays. He is always nice and indulgent! In fact at the end I missed a ring, but the doily is so little that the mistake is not evident, I bet that you wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't mentioned. So, that will be our secret!
Thread for the all the lace in the room is twisted silk, produced by "Tecnoseta srl". I've talked about the silk here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2019/07/the-music-of-tatting.html

Ciao,

Ninetta

11 comments:

  1. Another awesome room!!! :) You do such a fantastic job on those!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sembra di entrare in una favola! Stai creando qualcosa di meraviglioso... Tanti, tanti complimenti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille per il commento Stefania, sei troppo gentile!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow Ninetta, that room is a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing 👌👌👌👌. Your tatting is always wonderful but the furniture is also very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks stunning! I'm in awe!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta