Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Wednesday 1 June 2022

bracelet Gertrude

This is a simple effect - but often "the simpler, the better"!


Only one shuttle, loaded with pearls.
I used swarovski pearls, 4mm, and thread is silver Sanbest (3 strands).

20 pearls are sufficient for a bracelet length of 18cm.


Start with a ring of 12 ds, leaving a short tail, that will be hidden inside the first pearl with the help of a beading needle.

Slide the first pearl. (*) Then, for each bead:
1) tie a simple knot and move it closer to the bead;
2) tat a ring: 4ds, 1 first half stitch, picot, 1 second half stitch, 4ds; the picot will naturally drop, but if it doesn't you can help it by blocking it in its right position, at the centre of the closed ring. 

3) put the shuttle's thread behind the ring and take a loop through the drop picot, from back to front, then take the loop around the shuttle and the ring like it was an sssr.

Pull the loop but let the knot trapped in the loop.

Slide another pearl and repeat from (*) along the entire length. I finished with another ring of 12ds and added a clasp.

(If you are wondering who Gertrude is, she is a character of The Betrothed, the Manzoni novel. Well, the pattern needed a fancy name, doesn't it!)

I made a video and shared in fb, but I am trying to upload it here too.

In case it won't be visible, here it is the link to my post in Fb, instructions and 2 videos are under the post, my first comments: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=5482873971745281&id=100000681988799

Ciao,
Ninetta

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful!! :)
    ~Sue(Tatting Lace in Grace)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ninetta. It’s a good way to show off beautiful beads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I've bought a lot of pearls, I should find ways to use them all! 🥰😅

      Delete
  3. Stupendous bead spacers - another wonderful effect from your creative hands + brain 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🥰Thank you PIC! (And you already had a sneak peek of the next!!)

      Delete
    2. I am indeed fortunate to get first peeks into your works in progress, dear Nin 🥰💖

      Delete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta