Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Monday 1 May 2023

Hurray!!!

Last year was a special year for me, I realized my dream to publish a book I had in the drawer for some years. I am very grateful to everyone who encouraged and supported me, and my sincere thanks also go to the many readers, who positively welcomed the first edition of "Il chiacchierino è una cosa seria". Currently, the first edition is no longer available, because it has been replaced by a second edition. 

"Il chiacchierino è una cosa seria Second edition” – Amazon link:  https://amzn.eu/d/br7ILv8

I am so happy for having had the opportunity to release a new version of the book! The content of the first edition is still there, with minimal corrections (basically misprints), and then there are some pages more, with an appendix in which I describe a new variant of the treble tatting stitch and one unpublished pattern for a small pendant. It’s - again - a version only in Italian.

Writing the book, my first goal was to talk to Italian lacemakers. We hadn't any book containing the history of tatting from an Italian point of view, neither we have the translation of great English books containing historical information about tatting in the world. For example, unfortunately it has never been translated into Italian the Elgiva Nicholls' book: Tatting Techniques & History, nor the Rebecca Jones’: “The Complete Book of Tatting”, and so many others really valuable books. Well, I tried to do my best: I beg your pardon for any inaccuracies, and I can only assure you that I keep on studying.

As a blogger, I chose the English language, hence most of my blog's content is not easy to be read by Italian tatters. Everything here is free, I shared with you almost all the content of the book. The treble tatting stitch is explained here in detail (and it has been blogged by Muskaan too - better than me – she has a talent in teaching!), but it is all in English. Also, other tatters shared videos, like for example Karen Cabrera, but those are in English too.
I hope that my book will help Italian tatters to reproduce the treble tatting stitch and – knowing their creativity – they will be able to design beautiful and never-seen-before tatting patterns. I also learned a lot (and I’m still learning) about how to teach “modern” tatting in Italian.

… And I’ve still a lot to learn about how to present the book --- I’m a shy person and I'm not at ease talking in public. Don’t ask me what I said during the last launch of the book: my mind went foggy!!!

Dear English readers, for an English edition, sorry I kindly ask you to be patient. I’m honoured to have talented friends who are working on it. There aren't words to express my feelings for being so blessed to have amazing friends who are willing to help me.

For a brief presentation of the book’s contents, read also the following post: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2022/10/treble-happyness.html 

I also take the opportunity of this post to show you the Swirling Butterflies doily beautifully tatted by Reiko Akamatsu:

Ciao,
Ninetta


11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ninetta, how fantastic that your book has a second edition! I think you’re marvelous to write your blog in English. I don’t think we English-speakers can complain that your book is in Italian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, you are so kind, I still can't believe it! Thank you for your nice words :-f I try to do my best, wish I could improve - and I'm happy just to be able to communicate!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on 2 books!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-f you're always so kind 💕

      Delete
  3. Double Congratulations and looking forward to the English version too, when we can triple the wishes 💕🥰 Love the pendant and Reiko's colourful version of the doily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear PIC 💕💕💕 thank you very much! d-)
      You are the first in the list of the amazing friends 💕💕💕

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! I will await the English version as my attempts to read Italian only annoy my kids (who studied Italian in High School) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can only imagine the hours it took to create your book. I'm very excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta