Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Sunday 12 November 2023

Tatting is a serious matter!

 

Dear readers,
I am deeply thankful to Karen Cabrera and Muskaan, who took the time to respectively translate and proofread for the English edition of the book. They have my gratitude and high respect. They made it possible to bring this book to many more tatters than I had ever imagined, as my humble goal was only to talk to Italian lacemakers. In particular, I owe a lot to Muskaan for her accurate work. She has a talent in teaching, and learning from her and with her has been an honour. In many parts she suggested the right tatting terms and better sentences, contributed valid points and corrected some accidental incoherence coming throughout from my Italian text. Definitely she made it a better book. Many thanks, Muskaan! Now it’s up to the tatters to take their shuttles or needles and enjoy the result of our work!

Book published!  - "Tatting is a serious matter English Edition” – Amazon link:  https://a.co/d/h1iSEXb

I can't thank Karen and Muskaan enough, for being so generous and wonderful friends. Karen was so sweet when she accepted to do the translation, around one year ago. After some months I received her first version, and I’d tell you the true, proofreading my own book has been very difficult for me! But I’m blessed to have another amazing friend! I feel very grateful to Muskaan, for her important role in checking the content. For this book I'm a lot more relaxed than for the Italian edition, now I'm more confident in the content thanks to Muskaan 🌹. During this past year, since Sept 2022, I haven't been able to correct my own errors in the Italian edition, and this is the proof that learning – both tatting and English - is a “serious” process for me, that will never ends!

For a brief presentation of the book’s contents, read also the following posts:  https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2023/05/hurray.html and https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2022/10/treble-happyness.html

Ciao,
Ninetta
-----------

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on publishing your book! The translation definitely makes it accessible to more people. You and Karen and Muskaan have always been a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ninetta, on the publication of the English version of your book. Just wonderful that Karen and muskaan were able and willing to help you. Hats off to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :-f . You're always kind and supportive 🥰🥰🥰

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the Enlish edition! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m beginning to read your wonderfjj in l English version. Thanks to you, Karen and Muskaan this is available for me to read! Well done! Thank you! Cheers, Anita Barry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta