Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Thursday 13 June 2024

captured in pairs – Part IV

This post is part of a series:

Captured Picot VersionA: captured in many ways - Part I

Captured Picot VersionB: captured in a twist - Part II

Adjoining Captured Picots and Captured Join: captured and caught - Part III

Triple and Quadruple Captured Picot: this post (captured in Pairs - Part IV)

*********************

My PIC (Partner In Crime) saw all this series in advance. Playing in pairs is a lot more enjoyable than playing alone, also I needed help to rationalise all the different effects and Muskaan is always generous and talented, giving me a lot of her time. We love exploring tatting techniques together!

Every effect shown here in rings can be applied in chains too.

Continuing from previous post, you’ll read about the (perhaps!) last couple of effects which combine Captured Join (CJ) with Captured Picot (CP). A good pair to end this series.

Thread is Lizbeth size 10, pink 619 and seagreen 686.

Triple Captured Picot

1 - Start with 6 ds, then first long picot and 3ds. I used a picot gauge 1/2”, vertically. The first picot is a normal long picot.

2 - (Here the CJ starts.) Pull up a loop from the front through the first long picot to be joined. Put your fingers inside that loop.

3 - Then, just like explained for CP VersionB, take the loop and twist it clockwise so that you will create the second measured picot (1/4” used vertically), and 

4 - tat 3ds with the thread coming from the loop.

5 -  open again the main loop of the ring, put your hand again inside it and 

6 - leave the space for the third long picot (1/2” used vertically) and complete the ring. The 3rd  picot gets captured through both previous picots.

I tatted 6ds and closed it.

**********

Quadruple Captured Picot

This is another combination of CJ and CP, where the first picot is again a normal long picot:

1 - Start with 4 ds, then first long picot and 3ds. I used a picot gauge 1/2”, vertically.

2 - (Here the CJ starts.) Pull up a loop from the front through the first long picot to be joined. 

3 - Put your fingers inside that loop, leave a second measured picot (1/4” used vertically), and 

4 - tat 3ds with the thread coming from the loop.

5 - Then, just like explained for CP VersionB, take the loop and twist it clockwise so that you will create the third measured picot (1/4” used vertically), and in this way you will have the loop in front of the third picot.

6 - tat 3ds with the thread coming from the loop.

7 -  open again the main loop of the ring, put your hand inside it and 

8 - leave the space for the fourth long picot (1/2” used vertically), that will be captured by both the first and the third picots, and complete the ring. 

I tatted 4ds and closed it.

********

I’m tatting a delicate narrow edging, just to show off the quadruple effect. Thread is DMC size 80. I have already tatted about 40cm of it, I think that it would be nice around a little linen rectangle - at least this is the plan. I’ll be back to the blog when it will be finished.

Pattern:
r-A    4 - 4 - - 3 CJ↑ ( - 3 -↑ 3) - - 4 - 4. rw
ch-B    4 - 4. rw
r-C    4 +(to previous ring) 4 - 4. rw 
ch-D    4 - 4. rw
r-E    4 +(to previous ring)  4 - - 3 CJ↑ ( - 3 -↑ 3) - - 4 - 4. rw
    
Repeat from r-C to r-E till you reach your desired length.

Legend:
- -  long picot (gauge 8mm used vertically)
-  short picot (gauge 2mm used vertically)
CJ↑ captured up join
-↑ Captured Picot VersionB, twist loop clockwise
(…) = in rounded parentheses the stitches made with working thread coming from the loop


Ciao, 

Ninetta.

7 comments:

  1. ;-h You have captured a technique and let your imagination run free!!! 🥰 I have yet to try these paired captures and hope to do so soon enough. Thank you so much for sharing all this! I have a couple of patterns in mind, but need to find time. 🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much! New patterns would be wonderful!!!

      Delete
  2. You’re amazing. I will try this, just busy with other things at the moment. Thanks for sharing your ideas and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love following your trail of ingenuity! I am intrigued watching it grow and change! Very exciting! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much, Jane and Anita 🥰🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for explaining how to make these picots I will be giving them a go

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta