Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Friday 24 March 2017

recap

Not much to show you from the last days, I've been on the edgings for the hanky and for the rings' pillow (both finished) and I did a few more, something with bugle beads, testing a prototype for another edging, 5 and half rounds of Renulek's doily. Two weeks ago there was an exhibition of old laces here, organized by the local association, we had a lot of fun and learned too, about the history of lace in Italy. I've also been fiddling around without the shuttle! That's the good effect of the warm weather! I've also cleaned up the balcony and repot geranium, last year I had a colony of "Licenide" that it is a little beautiful butterfly but its caterpillar lives inside geranium's stem, I hope this year they will choose another balcony for their holiday resort.
Sorry, I digressed.
That is the rings' pillow, that I call finished as it is, I'll tack it in a piece of fabric and wash it, then it will be ready to be put away, I hope it will be used one day.


Then here it is the almost finished hanky, only one corner has still to be attached to the fabric:
 Oh, don't think that it's for blowing the nose!

Ciao,
Ninetta
Related posts
daisy in corner

15 comments:

  1. The rings pillow is really beautiful Ninetta, so delicate and lovely. I hope it will be put to use some time. I like the edging too, Springy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and stunning ring pillow border!!!! :)
    Fabulous hanky edging!!! :) May have to use it as a modern doily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hanky is gorgeous! I've always wanted to tat that border, but found it fiddly. You have inspired me - once again! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I enjoyed reading about your balcony guests...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be a really good host to get group bookings :p :-f
    Seems like ages since I last saw you post something here (or did I miss a few?). All your work is so beautiful and dainty g-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rings pillow is just stunning! I'm not very good with bare thread but this is inspiring!
    Sorry to hear about the geraniums but am hopeful for this year. Here, we must bring the geraniums inside or they won't survive the winter. They live in the basement with a grow lamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle :-f
      It'd be better bring plants inside here too, not all winters are mild weather, but my balcony has a good shelter

      Delete
  7. The edging for the pillow is stunning, beautiful piece of tatting
    The hankies are beautiful
    I hope your summer visitors choose another home for the summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ninetta! I’ve been thinking about making a tatted shawl. I have some thread which is almost like yarn and I was thinking of single shuttle motifs that I could work on here and there. I could do just motifs when out and about and do joined ones when at home working on the larger piece. I realize i’d Have to be careful about picot sizes (joined one being smaller)b but I think that’s manageable. I’ve been looking for your stitch counts for the two motifs but i’m not sure i have found the right post. Would you send the link to me please? magistravitt AT gmail DOT com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta