Translate

====================

====================
Dear Reader,
I share here what I like and what works for me. If you've been following me, you know that I can change my mind from time to time, and feel free to comment that I'm completely wrong, you may be right. I'm not running a business. I'm not paid and have never received any compensation or facilitation for any review/brand/site here mentioned. In case one day we'll ever meet, I'll be the one offering you a cup of Italian coffee, too.
====================

Tuesday 16 June 2020

pattern for the tiffany bezel

That is the pattern for tatting around a rivoli 14mm with a thread size 20, the same that I showed in previous post:
https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/06/tiffany-bezel.html

I've used Sanbest metallic 4 strands, colour number 121, a rivoli Swarovski Peridot 14mm, and 8 miyuki delica seed beads 15/0.

(In theory, with slight modifications, the pattern could be adapted to different size for rivoli and thread.)

LEGEND
ds : double tatting stitch
tds : treble tatting stitch
b : bead 
vsp : very small picot
R : ring
SR : Split Ring
vsp : very small picot

Wound 2 shuttles CTM, loading 8 beads in the core shuttle.

Start a ring:
Notice that this ring starts directly with treble tatting stitches:
https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2019/02/jumping-in-place-starting-without-very.html

R (put 1b in the loop): 3tds,b,3tds,b,3tds,b,3tds,b,3tds,b,3tds,b,3tds,b,2tds,vsp,1ds.

Close the ring and climb out in this way:
- Take a loop of the core shuttle's thread, through the last very small picot.
- Then, take another loop of the core thread and pull it through the previous loop. 
- Slip the other shuttle through the loop thus formed. 
- Pull the core shuttle tight. 
Then, there's the back side, that is all rings:
SR: 6ds / 6ds
R: 6ds, join to the next hidden picot (same place of each bead underneath), 6ds.
Repeat R for 6 times.
- Insert the rivoli -
Finish with a split ring:
SR: 6ds (join to the last hidden picot) / 6ds.

To insert the earrings' post, I used the same method that I used for the earrings in the "Parure Anne", that I explained here: https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2020/06/parure-anne-with-pattern.html#Anneorrearringspattern
That is:
SR (name it A): 8ds-8ds
SR (name it B): 8ds-8ds
Multiple onion ring:
innermost ring: 6ds-6ds.
second inner ring: 8ds, onion ring join, picot, 8ds.
outer/third SPLIT ring: 12ds, onion ring join, picot, 12ds.
Finish with a small ring of 8 double stitches (I ended with the SSSR method by Miranda).

Assembling:
Insert the small ring, from front to back inside the SR named A, then pick up the post and put it between the multiple onion ring and the SR named B, then inside the small ring.
I finished it sewing small ring and SR B together with a needle, using 2 strands of my thread.

Ciao,
Ninetta
UPDATE: Please refer to the page "Treble Tatting Stitch - Summary" - https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_95.html for any info about treble tatting stitches, thank you.

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment Alka :X

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pattern! Now all I need to do is master double and treble stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carissima, grazie per i tuoi lavori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for all your nice comments.

Ciao
Ninetta